Jez

Utd are claiming they turned down a big PSG bid for januzaj before he signed his new deal

not sure how true it is seeing as PSG could have talked to him since jan 1st and got him for free in the summer

He signed his new deal last fall didn't he?

yeah found it somewhere else than SSN, they bid for him before he signed his deal and they've bid for him again

Cabaye to PSG agreed. Probably 22m or somewhere close. Would imagine Newcastle will bring in De Jong and Cabella with the money. Good business for them. Still think Pardew is a bellend.

Pardew has very little to do with the buying and selling at Newcastle. Edited by Mr_Dogg

Can't understand why Moyes didn't go in for Cabaye? Perfect replacement for Scholes.

Maybe Mata has been earmarked for that role?

How do you know he didn't?  Also how do you know a Frenchman would have chosen Manchester over Paris? 

Yeah Rev fair enough.

Last week I was speaking to an ardent Man U fan and suggested the signing of Cabaye to him. He agreed that Cabaye should be a must signing for his team but as you suggest Rev maybe Moyes did inquire and was told he wanted to go elsewhere.

I did mention a fee of 20m-23m so I got something right.

I just try and see it from a neutral point of view.  If you are PSG then it is really easy to sell the club to anybody at the moment, they are on the up and up, they can match any club in the world for wages and they have serious ambitions about winning the Champions League. Plus they are in Paris. I'd rather live in Paris than in Manchester (or Cheshire), especially if I happened to be a young French speaking millionaire. 

• Like 1

It's still a substandard league though, in my opinion. It may not be that way for much longer, but it's not dissimilar to the Scottish league with Celtic dominating. The Premier League is where it's at.

It's still a substandard league though, in my opinion. It may not be that way for much longer, but it's not dissimilar to the Scottish league with Celtic dominating. The Premier League is where it's at.

Yes and no.  If you are French you will see the French league with more romanticism than if you are from another country so you can gloss over a lot of the "shit league" argument.  Maybe the Premier League is where it is at for most players in Europe but once you reach the top 10% of clubs then the Champions League is where it is at and Paris can virtually guarantee that for the duration of Cabaye's playing days. Paris can match his footballing ambitions, they can offer him more money than almost anybody else can and they happen to be located in one the world's genuinely great cities.   I'd rather spend the next 3 years there than at a Manchester United side in transition. 

Yes and no.  If you are French you will see the French league with more romanticism than if you are from another country so you can gloss over a lot of the "shit league" argument.  Maybe the Premier League is where it is at for most players in Europe but once you reach the top 10% of clubs then the Champions League is where it is at and Paris can virtually guarantee that for the duration of Cabaye's playing days. Paris can match his footballing ambitions, they can offer him more money than almost anybody else can and they happen to be located in one the world's genuinely great cities.   I'd rather spend the next 3 years there than at a Manchester United side in transition. 

Yeah I do agree. From an overall personal perspective, I can fully sympathise with his decision to go back to France. From a footballing decision, i'm not so sure, but like everyone else he's a human being and there's more at stake than simply kicking a bag of air around a field.

cant really agree with that myself. Premier League has its benefits but except Suarez and Aguero their is not that many other world class players playing in the league 

That depends on your definition of world class.  If it means having the ability to excel at the very top level (Champions League, World Cup) then to suggest there are only a couple of world class players in the premier league is absolutely laughable.   If it means the best players in the world in their position then by definition there are so few genuinely world class players around that two per league isn't a bad average. 

Would imagine Newcastle will bring in De Jong and Cabella with the money. Good business for them.

Can't speak to Cabella but De Jong's looked considerably out of his depth in the Bundesliga, I can't envision him making much of an impact over here.

cant really agree with that myself. Premier League has its benefits but except Suarez and Aguero their is not that many other world class players playing in the league 

Without wishing to take this horribly off-topic, the quality of the top 6 teams in the League is phenomenal. Bayern, Barca and Madrid may be marginally better than our best, but when you see the likes of Liverpool, United and Spurs battling it out for 4th place, then you start to realise how good the league is. Beyond that teams like Everton and Newcastle, even Southampton have some quality players who wouldnt look out of place on the international stage. It does depend on how you want to judge a league, but at the end of the day, the 4th best team in France is currently a club called Asse,  I think that's enough evidence to prove my point.