Jez

FM legend from many years back but never made it at Getafe and his career failed since then.

Yep, was gonna say the same thing. Always signed him on FM and he was incredible.

Do they like having defenders who should have been sent off in Wembley finals but weren't in their squad or something?   Dante seems like a decent player, not going to set the world on fire and is the wrong side of 30 but I doubt Bayern will want much for him and he will definitely improve the squad.  Rio's replacement. 

I actually think Dante is quite underrated and to me, he's in the top bracket of centre backs in world football. I appreciate he's not young but he was still an integral part of the Bayern team that cleaned up last season and is still first choice now and every time I've seen him play he looks class.

Apparently he is negotiating a new contract with Bayern at the mo so I think this is a smokescreen to get an improved/longer deal

Funny one Dante.

Every game I've seen him, not a lot, about 6 or 7, he's looked ropey.

Last season though he made it into everyone's team of the year and was lauded as a chief general.

Just never done it in front of me, must have been nervous.

I really think for Manure to compete again at the top of the premierleague they are going to need to spend at least 100 mill +

They have so many players who are either not good enough to be playing for man united or coming to the end of their careers

A complete clearout is needed

Spending 30 - 40 mill on Mata will not solve the problem they need strengthening in all departments

Edited by AshVilla

I really think for Manure to compete again at the top of the premierleague they are going to need to spend at least 100 mill +

They have so many players who are either not good enough to be playing for man united or coming to the end of their careers

Spending 30 - 40 mill on Mata will not solve the problem they need strengthening in all departments

In the hands of David Moyes £100m simply buys you 3 Afro men ;-)

It's easy to overreact though.

That is what everyone was saying about Arsenal when they lost to us on the opening day of the season, that's what... five months ago? Then they got Özil and everything was fine, even though they would have done pretty well without him in my opinion. Not many had Arsenal above Man Utd before the season started, but that's how things change when you have a new manager and a new setup. Vidic has played 2/3 of the games, Van Persie has missed 11 games, Rafael has played a total of 729 minutes, Fellaini has 718 minutes, Carrick has missed eight games, Nani has just over 400 minutes and even Rooney has less minutes than Suarez this season even though the latter missed the first six games. Injuries on vital players have taken its toll, like it would with every other club in the world. United have aging players, but it's all about fazing them out and that will be done in due time. Rooney is in his prime, Van Persie has at least one season left in his prime (including next season) and these are world-class players. Adding 2-3 players (the right ones of course) will change the team around in a second, and they have the money to do so. Throw in a Juan Mata next week and they could possibly field a team of De Gea, Evra, Vidic, Evans, Rafael, Carrick, Januzaj, Mata, Valencia, Van Persie and Rooney once everyone is fit. I wouldn't bet against that team in terms of reaching 4th, which would be a pretty decent effort given the pressure after Fergie's departure. Sure they have to replace Vidic and Carrick, two of their most instrumental players the last 10 years, but there are numerous stoppers and passing midfielders in Europe. It's not like Moyes will buy Distin and Osman.

Chelsea finished 6th two years ago, Man Utd can easily do the same this season but I doubt it. It's a squad game and they have much bigger squads than both Everton and Liverpool. If Lukaku is out, Everton have to field Naismith. Lucas is now out for two months, he is vital for Liverpool's play. If Van Persie comes back and plays 12-15 of the remaining games they will be just fine and possibly snatch 4th, but they still have Welbeck and Hernandez to score some goals. They are six points behind Liverpool, a team that just drew us at their own ground. It's not like they have won every single game this season, it's not long ago they lost 3-1 to Hull.

16 games left, next up they have Cardiff, Stoke and Fulham. A lot to play for still... All I want to see is Liverpool not reaching CL and see another Suarez meltdown in the summer :) Another beautiful thing would be for Liverpool to finish 4th, only for United to win the Champions League and throw them back into the Europa League. That would be sweet!

Ah I remember the old days when a poster called Rocafella when posting on other football seemed to have every other post exhorting the virtues of Manchester United...and then denying he loved them. Wonder whatever happened to him? ;)

The thing with them is under Moyes so far they just haven't looked capable of winning a "big" game or even winning against any of the rival teams in the league. O.k I know they beat Arsenal but they bottle it everytime they set foot in Manchester. So far this season they've lost to City, Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, taken 1 point out of 6 against Spurs and drawn at home to Southampton. So given they've still got to play Everton, Newcastle, Southampton and Arsenal away and Man. City and Liverpool at home they'll actually have to win some of those games.

As for the summer who knows but it's a lot harder to attract proper world class players when you're not in CL.

As for the summer who knows but it's a lot harder to attract proper world class players when you're not in CL.

its a lot harder to attract world class players when (amazingly) there are at least 6 teams that can blow utd out of the water in terms of wages and plenty of teams that will be a better proposition in terms of the league and champions league

reus, gundogan, pogba etc they've got no chance

they'll end up with the likes of coentrao and banega, who dont get me wrong are good players, but they arent this £100m worth of world class players

Rooney is in his prime, Van Persie has at least one season left in his prime (including next season) and these are world-class players. Adding 2-3 players (the right ones of course) will change the team around in a second, and they have the money to do so. Throw in a Juan Mata next week and they could possibly field a team of De Gea, Evra, Vidic, Evans, Rafael, Carrick, Januzaj, Mata, Valencia, Van Persie and Rooney once everyone is fit. I wouldn't bet against that team in terms of reaching 4th, which would be a pretty decent effort given the pressure after Fergie's departure. 

Keep spending.

Vidic, Evans, Rafael, Carrick, Valencia aren't good enough for Tottenham. 

Vidic - in decline

Evans - jack of all trades defender okay but not really great CB or FB

Rafael - disciplinary issues

Carrick - doesn't influence the game enough when the team is playing badly

Valencia - inconsistent

Evra - still good enough but getting to age where he need to be replaced

Do they like having defenders who should have been sent off in Wembley finals but weren't in their squad or something? Dante seems like a decent player, not going to set the world on fire and is the wrong side of 30 but I doubt Bayern will want much for him and he will definitely improve the squad. Rio's replacement.

Would you say Dante's peaked?

Rooney is in his prime, Van Persie has at least one season left in his prime (including next season) and these are world-class players. Adding 2-3 players (the right ones of course) will change the team around in a second, and they have the money to do so. Throw in a Juan Mata next week and they could possibly field a team of De Gea, Evra, Vidic, Evans, Rafael, Carrick, Januzaj, Mata, Valencia, Van Persie and Rooney once everyone is fit. I wouldn't bet against that team in terms of reaching 4th, which would be a pretty decent effort given the pressure after Fergie's departure. 

Keep spending.

Vidic, Evans, Rafael, Carrick, Valencia aren't good enough for Tottenham. 

Vidic - in decline

Evans - jack of all trades defender okay but not really great CB or FB

Rafael - disciplinary issues

Carrick - doesn't influence the game enough when the team is playing badly

Valencia - inconsistent

Evra - still good enough but getting to age where he need to be replaced

Going on this year's performances, I can see why you'd say this.

However, Carrick was one of the best midfielders in the Prem last year, while players like Rafael, Valencia, Evra and Evans have all looked up to the standard under the previous manager. Despite ageing, Vidic is still one of the best defenders in the league.

Dante, Cabaye and Mata would all be good signings but it wouldn't be enough IMO. Mata would certainly strengthen them in the final third; Kagawa, Mata and Rooney behind Van Persie would be a great trio.

Dante would be a good signing if Bayern allowed him to go, but I think they could do with somebody like Chiellini that will be able to lead the team for the next few years.

They need to try and sign Shaw being as Evra needs replacing, they need make a statement of intent against their rivals and Shaw would do that. If not Shaw then I'd go for Filipe Luis from Atletico for left back.

So 2 midfielders, 2 defenders and I still think another midfielder would be vital. Somebody solid to play next to Cabaye, is Carrick good enough defensively?

So that is potentially 5 positions, all in all though I can see them getting Mata and maybe one more this window, nothing more than that. No CL football for them, maybe a Europa spot finish.

Edited by samjp26

Do they like having defenders who should have been sent off in Wembley finals but weren't in their squad or something? Dante seems like a decent player, not going to set the world on fire and is the wrong side of 30 but I doubt Bayern will want much for him and he will definitely improve the squad. Rio's replacement.

Would you say Dante's peaked?

:lol:

Its a solid written pun but thankfully it's pronounced more like Danch than the peak version.

That means if Utd did sign him Jonathan Pierce and his shit contrived post goal commentary sound bites would have to go back up his arse.

Dante is 30?

How much are they asking for him

Surely not an astronomical fee considering he will have no resale value whatsoever?

I still think they should persist with blooding phil jones at CB considering he still has his whole career ahead of him 

Edited by AshVilla