Jez

Rumours are bale transfer not certain and another club may be in for him..

Sky have an article hinting at other clubs but tbh unless it's Citeh, PSG or Monaco I can't see anyone being able to get him. It could of course be United 'bidding'(sic) £10m less than Real did so as to get the 'oh so close' kudos of having money to spend without once again having to spend a penny. Either that or Spurs are now trying to get Real to sort it all out sharpish.

I don't think spurs fans would be so forgiving either

id guess more than a fair few of them rightly or wrongly think they can catch utd this year (wrongly)

and utd aren't as unturndownable as Madrid

would expect them to have a similar opinion to me when spurs were after benteke, could accept him joining say Dortmund but not them

I thought it was a tactical incompatibility rather than not rating him. He'll want to use him on a wing owing to Mourinho's preference for having lefties on the right side and vice versa, so he won't be an ever-present and likely won't be as effective as he was last season because he won't be quite at the sharp end of attacks.

Maybe Real Madrid will go for Mata. I've heard they want to Spanishify  :unsure: their team. If they sell Di Maria they have, with recent sales, raised the Bale money already.

Hmm after that interview with Moyes I clearly think they are in for Gareth Bale. But does it make sense for Man Utd to spend 90M on one player? Sure they sold Ronaldo around that figure and have only made money since then, so in isolation of course they can afford it. Trade player A for player B, but it would be a remarkable turnaround. I think Bale is set on Real Madrid, and Spurs certainly don't want to sell to a club in England let alone Man Utd. However, might be some truth in Real Madrid wanting to pay in installments over several seasons and Man Utd being willing to pay everything up front.

Don't think this is going to happen though, I think Bale will be off to Real Madrid in a few days if not tomorrow afternoon already. If United do grab Bale though, Suarez is guaranteed to be off to Real Madrid and that would be delightful for everyone in this country.

Bale - Rooney - Van Persie? Nah... unfair.