Jez

£25m for Fellaini and £15m for Baines seems right to me

As individual bids agreed, as a joint bid think offers of 38m would probably suffice (I appreciate that probably doesn't make much sense, but just think as a "bulk purchase" may be slighter cheaper).

£15m for Baines is a bargain. Decent left backs are a rare thing.......  left backs as good as Baines are rarer. Everton could easily ask for and get £20m+ for Baines alone. 

3.35pm BST 

Phil West has written to ask whether there is any truth in the stories saying that Arsenal have made a £20m bid for Juventus (and former Manchester United) midfielder Paul Pogba: "Is that the kind of overbid that would finally land Arsenal a player in this market? he inquires.

Well, it doesn't matter if Arsenal have made a £20m bid for Pogba or not because there is no chance Juventus would sell. No chance.

From The Guardian transfer blog, it sounds like a real life game of FM going on at Arsenal right now.

As individual bids agreed, as a joint bid think offers of 38m would probably suffice (I appreciate that probably doesn't make much sense, but just think as a "bulk purchase" may be slighter cheaper).

Why? If we received a bid for both Guzan AND Benteke, would you willingly sell them under their value just because we were losing two of our best players rather than just one?

they bid £10m for cabaye, almost as daft as the utd bids

other transfers -

kadlec - Frankfurt (FM favourite :( )

dorlan pabon - Valencia

Sergio romero - Monaco

Giovanni sio - basel

imbula - Marseille

Peruzzi - Catania (linked with sunderland a lot)

di santo - Bremen

granero - sociedad

nile ranger - swindon

tbh I don't know who imbula and pabon are but they've both gone for decent fees

I'd want more for Baines if I were Everton. He is probably the best player in his position in the league and he is at the peak of his powers at the moment and he seems happy to stay. Why would they want to sell for anything less than a ridiculous offer?

I'd want more for Baines if I were Everton. He is probably the best player in his position in the league and he is at the peak of his powers at the moment and he seems happy to stay. Why would they want to sell for anything less than a ridiculous offer?

I thought he was a year or so older than he is tbf, I'd say £18m is the absolute most he should go for.

Why do they need a LB though? Evra is good enough

As long as the bills are paid, what does it matter how high their wage bill is?? Some people here seem to think clubs are deducted for paying high wages? It also seems that since QPR spent heavily and **** up, well then every team with a high wage bill is going to do the same? Facts are that there is correlation between higher wages and success in the league. That does not mean anything of course in isolation, all clubs run their own faiths, but low wage bills does not give any clubs extra points.

Parker is a great player and is obviously a lot better than all of our midfielders (when fit), I would easily want him here, but he is soon 33 years old and has history with injuries. 3M for him is probably a bit too much, so I am glad we didn't go into it all. That being said, he is the kind of guy who influences the other players a whole lot - both with his experience and his professionalism. The only problem I have with the "youth approach" is the lack of leadership and guidance from the older heads, something that cannot be disregarded. Players like Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard et al are invaluable - and not just for their obvious ability.

Sky Italia reporting that Real and Spurs have agreed a £93m deal for Bale.

Also Martinez has come out and said the window should close at the start of the season rather than once games have started to be played which seems like a fair point, if you're going to draw an arbitrary line for when these things can or can't happen then the start of the season seems like a more logical place to do that.

Sky Italia reporting that Real and Spurs have agreed a £93m deal for Bale.

Also Martinez has come out and said the window should close at the start of the season rather than once games have started to be played which seems like a fair point, if you're going to draw an arbitrary line for when these things can or can't happen then the start of the season seems like a more logical place to do that.

I probably would get rid of the transfer windows anyway, it only plays for the agents and media who loves the end of the windows.