Jez

If liverpool don't replace Suarez, West ham would likely finish higher than them in the table. 

I don't agree.  I will say if they don't sort the situation out then they'll have missed a trick because this should be a season of consolidation and progression for them.  However, Liverpool got better results (i.e. points per game and scored more per game) last season when Suarez was not in their side than when he was.  It could be a bit like van Nistelrooy at Man Utd.  Scored a shedload by himself but very much to the detriment of the overall team's fortunes.

That is very isolated though, many factors in there. In no way would Liverpool finish better off without Suarez for the entire season (last season), it's a bit like saying Man Utd would do better without Van Persie, Barca without Messi and Real Madrid without Ronaldo. Sure over a short time-span they could do well, the rest of the players would really understand the trouble they are in without their best players and focus is sharpened. However, over a season, no way.

Besides, last season Suarez played in 33 out of 38 games, which were the five games where they did so well without him? Of course he didn't play the last four games when the season was already over, beating teams like Newcastle, QPR and Fulham. QPR were already down, Fulham had nothing to play for, and Newcastle were in the middle of their abysmal run. All in all, if they had played Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham they would have course not taken as many points. I don't know which game is the last one he missed, but obviously this points-pr-game statistics is completely worthless when it comes to Suarez last season. Without him they would have been 10th or something like that, in my opinion. Sturridge arrived late, were they going to rely on the injured Borini to uphold these excellent stats without Suarez? Makes no sense.

That is very isolated though, many factors in there. In no way would Liverpool finish better off without Suarez for the entire season (last season), it's a bit like saying Man Utd would do better without Van Persie, Barca without Messi and Real Madrid without Ronaldo. Sure over a short time-span they could do well, the rest of the players would really understand the trouble they are in without their best players and focus is sharpened. However, over a season, no way.

Besides, last season Suarez played in 33 out of 38 games, which were the five games where they did so well without him? Of course he didn't play the last four games when the season was already over, beating teams like Newcastle, QPR and Fulham. QPR were already down, Fulham had nothing to play for, and Newcastle were in the middle of their abysmal run. All in all, if they had played Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham they would have course not taken as many points. I don't know which game is the last one he missed, but obviously this points-pr-game statistics is completely worthless when it comes to Suarez last season. Without him they would have been 10th or something like that, in my opinion. Sturridge arrived late, were they going to rely on the injured Borini to uphold these excellent stats without Suarez? Makes no sense.

It's not necessarily the same as saying Barca without Messi etc at all. There are certain players who dominate a side's style to the detriment of that side. Not every 'best' player does that. We saw Spurs last season for example capitulate rather than flourish when Bale was injured. Liverpool couldn't stop scoring and winning without Suarez. It's only when the player does go missing that you see how they'll cope without him. At the very least even if you don't agree with the scale of my point, we have at least seen some evidence that his absence won't be quite as disastrous as some 'pool fans might have feared beforehand.

Spurs in discussions with Roma for Lamela, surely that means that Bale is off?

You'd certainly have thought so. Though it's only really being reported in The Mail, so I doubt there's anything to it.

City after Pepe for 20m.

Crazy money.

just what the Premier League needs :) 

if happens I pray he connects Suarez, Terry, Gerrard, Downing or some other word removed with his "tackles"

City after Pepe for 20m.

Crazy money.

just what the Premier League needs :)

if happens I pray he connects Suarez, Terry, Gerrard, Downing or some other word removed with his "tackles"

Could be a good signing, but could also stifle the progress of the promising Nastasic. Has the attributes to do well in the Premier League though.