Jez

I find it more than a little hilarious that a side with very little in the way of central midfielders could, in theory, get nearly half of the money required to buy Cesc Fabregas, and end up with Juan Mata aswell, if they just sold Rooney to Chelsea. A player they recently said is 'back up to van Persie'. A Man Utd mate of mine is losing his reason with Moyes already.

When you get these very high profile players their values are often skewed. They reckon WR's weekly wage is between £250k and £300k depending on bonus's etc. That rules out about 99.5% of the worlds teams. If you Utd want him off the wage bill they may let him go cheap

It seems Maicon is leaving Manchester City to join AS Roma.   Was he ever that good?  He had a decent world cup in 2010 but it was barely six months later when he was still being touted as the best right back in the world that he came up against one Gareth Bale and he never seems to have recovered. 

I think it is fairly obvious Man Utd want shot of him and I don't really blame them.

It would though make little sense for them to accept the first offer, better to reject it and leak it and see who else bids and how high Chelsea will go.

I think he is nailed on to leave Old Trafford.

Moyes is getting things badly wrong at the moment. Rarely (though not never) do Manchester United publicly fail in their transfer dealings. They've already been knocked back by Alcantara, and will probably fail in their pursuit of Fabregas. Eventually they might concede defeat and eventually buy the somewhat underwhelming Fellaini. They no longer have the air of biggest club in the world about them and their actions are more akin to serial player chasers like Chelsea. It's almost sad to see.

Moyes is getting things badly wrong at the moment. Rarely (though not never) do Manchester United publicly fail in their transfer dealings. They've already been knocked back by Alcantara, and will probably fail in their pursuit of Fabregas. Eventually they might concede defeat and eventually buy the somewhat underwhelming Fellaini. They no longer have the air of biggest club in the world about them and their actions are more akin to serial player chasers like Chelsea. It's almost sad to see.

its happened most times it becomes public Robben, Shearer, Ronaldinho, Essien. even Mikel

I think it is fairly obvious Man Utd want shot of him and I don't really blame them.

It would though make little sense for them to accept the first offer, better to reject it and leak it and see who else bids and how high Chelsea will go.

I think he is nailed on to leave Old Trafford.

And maybe not nailed on but certainly thumb-tacked to go to Chelsea.

its happened most times it becomes public Robben, Shearer, Ronaldinho, Essien. even Mikel

Yeah, I accept it has happened. But these were some of the world's best players and it wasn't a case of two or more of them turning down United in a single summer.

Fergie would've got Alcantara IMO if he'd wanted him. The really top players will look at United now with a slight trepidation that they mightn't have looked at them with before. They'll want to see what this relative unknown manager is about. Obviously it's still United and they'll get 90% of what they want, but the really top deals will now be that bit trickier than they would've been last year.

Oh and Moyes going with a defensive 4-5-1 in his opening game (against some nobodies) is hopefully a sign of things to come.

• Like 1