Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

Agreed, think the knifing is naff, that's always been a big problem on COD games unfortunately. A few of the spawns on certain game modes are poor too, mainly headquaters.

Loving the maps and having to pick perks and weapons to try and fit each game mode, rather than being able to use a UMP in close range and as a sniper.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt much of an online players with MW2 but now its pretty much all I have done since getting black ops and I was getting detroyed at first. I am getting much better at it now and it is fantastic. Nuketown is by far my favourite for some reason. Maybe because of how small it is and the constant attacking and fighting that goes on. Brilliant

Not really enjoying this. Think they have dicked us on the starting weapons. The M16 is dreadful and the MP5 isn't much better. At least on MW2 you unlocked the M4 at level 8.

They are two of the better weapons. If you are expecting mw2 style weapons later you are going to be disappointed. M16 is great at mid to long range, up close it sucks though because you generally need two bursts to kill with it. MP5K is the opposite, great hip firing at short distances but sucks at range. Choose the weapon best suited to the map and you'll be fine.

Besides you'll soon be able to buy the Enfield which is a great gun. I tend to suppress most of the assault rifles as it seems to help with the recoil.

Finally got BOs multiplayer to work yesterday. Gotta say the maps are good - not sure which one I like most yet, but they make a refreshing change from MW2. Knifing and spawning need some fixes, and the RC car shouldn't be a 3 kill award. Also, there seems a lot of micro management involved with all the customisation options (not sure I can be arsed tbh!)

As I've only had a few hours on it so far, I've not unlocked that much - currently using a M16 w/suppressor, makarov, hardened, ghost, tac mask, semtex, nova gas, claymore. Pretty good load-out so far. I'm getting a 1.5 kdr on maps I barely know at all.

Username on xbox live is F1lthyDuke if anyone fancies a match or a spot of zombies.

The Galil is my favourite assualt riffle, i was looking forward to getting the AK47 but i just can't get on with it.. far too much recoil

Same here!

Play Hardcore TDM, Silenced Galil with red dot sight, and the Ninja perk and it owns!

Can't touch hardcore anymore, I was awesome at it on WaW and CoD4 for a while, but stopped playing it and since then I just don't have the patience or tv for it. It's mind numbingly slow and you end up waiting in a building, picking off other people who are also waiting in a building. The mosh pit thing on Modern Wafare 2 was decent, and if they brought that back for Black Ops I'd play it.

The AUG is a good gun, not too good at ranges though.

Multiplayer on this is **** awful. As many have said, the spawn points are terrible - the amount of times ive spawned on the edge of a map thinking 'right, theres nobody behind me' only then for some **** to spawn out of nowhere and pop me in the ass....ive lost count. The guns are shite too...takes about 4 bullets to kill someone with the M14 (supposedly a powerful gun) - even though its perfectly possible for somebody with silenced mac10 to put 2 bullets in me from accross the map and kill me?!?! Then theres the recoil. **** me. Oh and flashbangs, grenades, etc are totally useless.

The ONLY thing that this does better than MW is the levelling up system and wager matches. But that is far from making up for the shedload of garbage elsewhere in the game.

How have they managed to get it so wrong from MW2?? Its like burning toast...only an idiot could do it. Well done Treyarch. Next time you buy up somebodys hard work and hope to make money off it yourself, put some decent **** effort in.

Certainly the last COD game i will buy. Its getting traded in as soon as i finish single player aswell. Just awfull.

That is THE biggest over reaction ever! :lol:

I may have been a little hasty with my criticism of the game, as im now of the belief that this is the best online shooter EVER!

Spent literally all day on it yesterday and im hooked. Had loads of fun with my stealthy class of M16 silenced/reflex sight, balistic knife, Ghost, Warlord and Ninja playing Domination. Got some truly monstrous killstreaks and then enjoyed recording them and watching them back in the theatre. What a great addition that is to the game.

Also took great pleasure in the emblem creator...i made a giant cock with ginger bollocks. Knowing that pops up (no pun intended) everytime i shoot someone just puts a smile on my face.

Win.

It was being able to make a cock with ginger bollocks that swayed it...

Yeh it would do! :lol:

Fair play for back tracking but there are a few like me who didn't like it to start but am now addicted, I have banned myself playing until the weekend now as I got **** all done around the house and it was on my mind when sleepiing too! :twisted:

Certainly the last COD game i will buy. Its getting traded in as soon as i finish single player aswell. Just awfull.

I may have been a little hasty with my criticism of the game, as im now of the belief that this is the best online shooter EVER!

:lol:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â