Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's a fairly good guess that no one saw this coming when Pakistan strolled off with 556 on the board on day two.

That's a fantastic test match - we batted brilliantly.

I was fully expecting England to be out for 200 odd in their first innings. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's a fairly good guess that no one saw this coming when Pakistan strolled off with 556 on the board on day two.

Indeed, no team has ever lost by an innings when scoring 500+.  I still don't think it was a particularly great match, hopefully they can play on the same pitch which has had 5 days wear and tear next time rather than start again on another road.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Especially considering we were 4-1 in reply as well and there were doubts about Duckett batting after he injured his thumb.

Be interesting to see what they do if Stokes is fit to bat in the next game but not bowl?

Who do they drop? Can't drop one of the five bowlers as we'll need them. Pope? Duckett gets a rest with his thumb injury and Stokes opens?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

England did. They even said so at the time.

• Like 1

I didn't realise just how bad this Pakistan side are. Bangladesh beat them in a 2 test series whitewash. Still, no - one saw England winning that first test after the Pakistan first innings, except Brendan Cullum that is.

Game is evenly balanced after the first day. Thought we might be batting today after Leach got two wickets fairly quickly early on, but Ayub and Ghulam batted very very well.

211-2 to 256-8. Memories of England's tours before in Asia.

Smith surely has to go here, no point in trying to block and nick a single at the end of the over. 

Doing better than India mind, just been bowled out for 46 against New Zealand, which is nice.

Going to be tough chasing anything here though, unless Duckett can get going again, ball is spinning all over the place. But being basically a day 8 pitch anyway.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Doing better than India mind, just been bowled out for 46 against New Zealand, which is nice.

Going to be tough chasing anything here though, unless Duckett can get going again, ball is spinning all over the place. But being basically a day 8 pitch anyway.  

Yep, India have had a shocker there but will be interesting to see what sort of score NZ post.

I think Stokes isn't fit and we'd have had much more of a chance with Ahmed as a 3rd spinner than an unfit Stokes.

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Think this game’s been taken away from England here, the pitch is turning all over the place and I’d be surprised if England score 150.

Never rule out a Root masterclass.

• Like 1

toss was crucial, each innings has more or loss dropped by c.70 runs each time. Lost it really in conceding a few too many runs in the first innings, but we didn't bowl that badly. Then lost a cluster in our first innings.

Next pitch will n doubt be more like this one than the first test. Just have to hope we win the toss! 😛

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â