Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

3 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Quite the bottle job from the Bears, even by our usual standards

really poor batting, far too cautious 

once again we choke when it matters 

the stats over the last few years says it all

Another disgraceful bottle job from the Bears. 
But a great turn out from Gloustershire. This competition pisses all over the Hundred in terms of meaning. The atmosphere at Edgbaston tonight was the best I’ve ever seen it 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Another disgraceful bottle job from the Bears. 
But a great turn out from Gloustershire. This competition pisses all over the Hundred in terms of meaning. The atmosphere at Edgbaston tonight was the best I’ve ever seen it 

It needs to be segregated cricket increasingly. Its basically a football crowd in a cricket ground. The amount of trouble tonight was ridiculous. 

• Like 1

On 05/09/2024 at 20:52, Avfc96 said:

I'm expecting us to make it 4 consecutive exits at the QF stage tomorrow night. Seems to have become our speciality over the last few seasons.

Hate to say I told you so.

Last night was shocking, even by our low standards in limited overs knock-out games

I saw in the press a couple of days ago comments about the sparse crowd at Lords for the last day of the test against Sri Lanka.

Cannot find the article now so cannot post a link, but apparently the poor turnout was due to the price of the tickets, £90 odd quid....😧

Is Heck commercial manager for Lords as well?

Edited by delboy54
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

I saw in the press a couple of days ago comments about the sparse crowd at Lords for the last day of the test against Sri Lanka.

Cannot find the article now so cannot post a link, but apparently the poor turnout was due to the price of the tickets, £90 odd quid....😧

Is Heck commercial manager for Lords as well?

I think their rationale was that they'd reduced the prices for the West Indies match so had to charge more for the Sri Lanka one, which begs the question when we only play 6 Tests in the summer these days why have 2 at the same ground?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turvontour said:

It needs to be segregated cricket increasingly. Its basically a football crowd in a cricket ground. The amount of trouble tonight was ridiculous. 

Possibly - it was a little testy at times, that's the first time I've seen it get like that. But I think that's what happens when people genuinely care. The game last night mattered to a lot of people.

It was interesting to hear the Glos fans singing "you sold your soul for the hundred". The bloke who turned up in his Butterkist shirt and walked past their group of fans must've regretted his decision :lol: 

Edited by Milfner

I think England are just motoring the game along because they want to get out and bowl, seems to be plenty of movement this morning so am sure they’re confident of clearing out Sri Lanka for less than whatever they end up on.

That being said, it’s still a collapse.

Moeen's finally called it a day with England.

Should have done it a few years ago, been pretty poor over the past few years.

But never the less a very good career. Ashes winner, ODI World Cup winner and T20 World Cup winner. Over 6000 runs and over 350 wickets in all formats.

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Seven wickets down, not even going to reach 100

Smith throwing the bat proving me wrong 😂

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â