Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

When's the last time an England bowler scored a century?

Ben Stokes I guess. Woakes and Broad have done it in recent memory, too. Joe Root bowls, so does he count?

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Ben Stokes I guess. Woakes and Broad have done it in recent memory, too. Joe Root bowls, so does he count?

I suppose but really meant a lower order bowler /tail ender..

Could possibly class Broad as a tail ender butnot the others.

• Like 1

I've got tickets for day 2 at the Oval next week  , hopefully I'll get at least half a days worth of cricket before its over :) 

The ECB must have had a word with the England team to ensure they get another's days play on Sunday by not enforcing the follow on and playing on until Root got his second century, before bad light stopped play. The game has been over for about 2 days but the formalities will have to be done tomorrow.

On 30/08/2024 at 16:01, The Fun Factory said:

Quite a collaspe by Sri Lanka. Things were looking up about 24 hours ago when England was 200-odd with 6 wickets down. Been a disaster for them since.

There was times when they looked superb, and times when they looked like they'd all won a raffle to play. I can't remember a team with hit and miss during one test series.

45 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Atkinson on both honours boards at Lords in the same match. Pretty special to achieve that.

Watching him, it's like he's been playing like this for the last 10 years. Superb stuff.

• Like 1

McCullum will now be England coach in all 3 formats. Doesn't start until the new year when England tour India for a white ball series ahead of the Champions Trophy. Trescothick will be the interim for the Aus series coming up and a white ball tour of the West Indies before Christmas.

Worried it would be jobs for the boys and Key would appoint Flintoff.

1 hour ago, Avfc96 said:

Bangladesh have also won their first ever test series in Pakistan. Brilliant achievement.

if the smaller ranked teams are given more chances to play against the higher test sides with proper preparation beforehand then hopefully we would get more competitive matches like this.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

if the smaller ranked teams are given more chances to play against the higher test sides with proper preparation beforehand then hopefully we would get more competitive matches like this.

It's what test cricket needs and has needed for a very very long time.

• Like 1

Josh Hull is going to make his debut against Sri Lanka in the 3rd test. Averages over 100 with the ball in the CC this season and has a career average of over 60.

Either going to be a disaster or genius. And as much as I love what what McCullum has done for English test cricket, this has got disaster written all over it.

Buttler ruled out of the T20 series against Aus due to injury. Great chance for Salt in the T20's and if he's not fit for the ODI's, then it will be a great chance for Brook to show what he can do as a captain as well.

Really strong looking squad for the Bears tomorrow. But then if we make finals day we could well lose Bethell and Mousley for the finals day because they're away with England. Great stuff yet again by the ECB.

Feel sorry for Lawrence, been the 'spare' batsman since McCullum took over. 

Get's his chance but as an opener which he isn't and rather predictably has looked awful.

Clean sweep for the South in the T20

ECB decided to give the other 3 a chance by pointlessly calling up Overton even though he can’t bowl  so he can’t play along with Jacks , Curran and Topley ..

daft scheduling 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â