Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

My son's first Worcester year has now finished.

Played 8 games, his AVG with the bat was 11, his bowling AVG was 15.  Had a few low scores and his highest score was 41 (got a couple of 19/20s too).

He'll retrial with Worcs in October, and will be playing kids his own age if he gets through (he's been playing kids a year older this year), so he's done himself proud.

He has 1-2-1 training with a guy who works with Warks and he asked if he wanted to trial for them.

But, having had conversations with Worcs and some friends,.you cannot trial with both (as they are interconnected), which I found strange. So he'll stick with Worcs as the catchment area is smaller and he's more likely to get through.  But it was slightly disappointing that he couldn't trial with both and then IF he was through, he could decide which he wanted (which would have been Warks).

He's now got 3 club games this week and 2 to finish the week after, whilst also being asked to play for the under 11s on a couple of occasions and doing well there (that's 2 years above himself), so onwards and upwards towards that lucrative contract in 9 years (when he'll be 18) and I can retire.

Oh yea, I forgot.. this is cricket, not football 😢

Congratulations, hope things don't go Pear Shaped for him. 

So he joins The Bears. 

• Like 1

Started off well, but letting Glamorgan bat themselves back into the game after the position we had them in was unforgivable.

And our batting performance was utterly terrible. Burgess comes out with credit and an honourable mention to Booth for his counter-attack at the end. 

Two years in a row we've performed well in the group stages and thrown it away in the semi-final. Can't wait to do it all over again next year.

Another cracking 100 game 

Good Oval total but Brave looked well on it for the run chase , and then some good captaincy first with Jacks and then Mahmood steps up and swings the game in a few deliveries 

2 in a row for Oval 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Sri Lanka 80-5 at lunch on the first day. Going to be all over in 2 and a half days or less.

I have  a mate who is planning to go on Saturday. Not sure there will  be much going on. They really only should sell advance  tickets days 1 to 3 for most tests nowadays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have  a mate who is planning to go on Saturday. Not sure there will  be much going on. They really only should sell advance  tickets days 1 to 3 for most tests nowadays.

Especially against some of the worse test nations.

Scheduling hasn't helped either here at all. Surely should start on a Friday given the games are going to be over quite quickly.

The windies had no warm up game, sri lanka had one. When on paper they are weaker than England that is not much help. In the olden days touring sides spent at least of couple of months in England playing 2-3 warm matches to get used to the conditions. But these doesn't make money so they squeeze in the test matches as quickly as possible to play more limited overs cricket. I don't understand why now that Ireland have test status they should have at least one warm up match versus one of the England touring sides every summer. 

Good fight back from Sri Lanka until De Silva got himself out.

But 52 overs on the first day at Tea is an absolute disgrace especially when there have been no delays.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The windies had no warm up game, sri lanka had one. When on paper they are weaker than England that is not much help. In the olden days touring sides spent at least of couple of months in England playing 2-3 warm matches to get used to the conditions. But these doesn't make money so they squeeze in the test matches as quickly as possible to play more limited overs cricket. I don't understand why now that Ireland have test status they should have at least one warm up match versus one of the England touring sides every summer. 

Agree, they definitely had time to play at least two warm up games. The last time they played before this against India at the end of July in a T20.

Like the idea of Ireland playing at least one of the sides of touring England each summer, benefits Ireland and benefits the touring team.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Agree, they definitely had time to play at least two warm up games. The last time they played before this against India at the end of July in a T20.

Like the idea of Ireland playing at least one of the sides of touring England each summer, benefits Ireland and benefits the touring team.

Just seems a no brainer. They are only going to play 15 odd tests in the next 4 years, how are they expected to progress doing that? They beat Zimbabwe in  a close test the other month.

Sri Lanka recovering a bit. They used to be seen as the new boys but very much an established test side now.

Get back home after a bastard of a commute hoping to watch about an hour's play on the tellybox. After 10 minutes the Sri Lanka players jog off because of poor light. Barely half a day's play for the punters at the ground.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Sky's commentary and coverage has definitely got worse over the past few years, but the mini documentaries they do in the lunch break are still brilliant.

Another woeful test match. The game is deader than dead. The review of the cricket schedule won't save test match cricket. 

Edited by villa89

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â