Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

another cracker in the 100

Manchester need 25 off 18 , couple of big hits , couple of spawny 4's that the batter had no idea where it went ... leaving  7 to win off the last 5 balls 

1st ball wicket for Curran , then 1 , then a dot , then 2 ..4 required off the last ball to win  wicket for Curran 

34 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Phoenix are great again!

🎉🙌🏼🥳

This is complete demolition. Won't even need near half the deliveries to win this and probably for no wickets. 

Where has this come from? 

They're going to lose a **** ton in bar takings 😁

The one day cup in cricket- should it be still seen as first-class cricket? It is run at the same time as the hundred and seems its poorer relation with the main aim to give the youngsters a go? And looking forwards does one day cricket actually have a future in limited overs cricket? 

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The one day cup in cricket- should it be still seen as first-class cricket?

One day cricket has never been first class cricket. First class is the multi day game, 2 innings a side. But I know what you mean with your question - you're right, it's (this comp) basically second string 11s playing each other, with so many players away with the Hundred, or Test cricket squads and few if any overseas players - it's a kind of development comp, almost.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

One day cricket has never been first class cricket. First class is the multi day game, 2 innings a side. But I know what you mean with your question - you're right, it's (this comp) basically second string 11s playing each other, with so many players away with the Hundred, or Test cricket squads and few if any overseas players - it's a kind of development comp, almost.

Indeed, I think they call it List A one day cricket, which doesn't seem an accurate description either.

Warwickshire and Norwell have mutually agreed to cancel his contract. Hasn't played any first XI cricket since the last game of the 2022 season. Injuries have ruined him which is a real shame.

Was brilliant in 2021 when we won the title and produced one of the best individual performances I've seen at Edgbaston to keep us up against Hampshire in the last game of the 2022 season, especially considering he was carrying numerous injuries during that game.

• Sad 1

Scrolling through X and seen Stokes has had to be carried off the field during the Hundred. Appears to have done his hamstring, would have thought that's him out of the Sri Lanka test series.

Pope will be captain and then will be interesting to see if England go with the extra bowler or batsman.

Also, can't commend the family enough for speaking out about what had happened. 

They would have been more than well within their rights to not let that information into the public domain, especially so soon after his passing. But to do so to try and raise awareness about anxiety and depression, I can't commend them enough.

• Like 1

Sri Lanka are being battered by the England Lions in a warm-up game at Worcester.

Depending on the weather, I'd bet that all 3 tests will be over by lunch on the 3rd day.

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why is Cricket a featured "Hot Topic" when there has been one post since Monday 🤔

Because it’s the best sport.

• Like 2

Yesterday was another reminder as to why Warwickshire are and always will be the pride of the Midlands.

Kai Smith, what an innings. 🙌

Edited by Avfc96
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Yesterday was another reminder as to why Warwickshire are and always will be the pride of the Midlands.

Just about scraped through against one of the most inexperienced Worcester bowling attacks of all time ;) 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â