Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's made way for Atkinson surely? Woakes has played many times with Anderson and in conjunction with Broad too hasn't he? 

Would say he's more of a Broad / Wood replacement really. I guess it doesn't really matter. We were always gonna roll the Windies, and it'd have been nice to see him get 1000 international wickets & take more wickets than Warne. 

• Like 1

Good performance from Bashir, Trent Bridge has been a bit of a graveyard for spinners over the years.  His run up annoys me for some reason though.  Broad has transitioned into commentary very smoothly, it's good to have someone who can provide a bowler's perspective better than Botham or Willis ever did.

10 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Good performance from Bashir, Trent Bridge has been a bit of a graveyard for spinners over the years.  His run up annoys me for some reason though.  Broad has transitioned into commentary very smoothly, it's good to have someone who can provide a bowler's perspective better than Botham or Willis ever did.

Will be great for Bashir's confidence, especially after not getting a bowl at Lords.

Think Sky said yesterday it was the first five wicket haul from a spinner in tests at Trent Bridge since Murali in 2006, which is mental.

Edited by Avfc96

And he doesn't even get in the first team at Somerset lol.

Well done to him, but he's gonna get slapped in Aus next year I think.

Room for improvement! 

West indies are a pale, pale shadow of the team of the 70/80s.....Courtney Walsh said twenty years ago that youngsters in his homeland of Jamaica were more interested in basketball or baseball (where money could be made in America) rather than red ball cricket. The long form of the game has been in the doldrums for ~25 yrs and the white ball, big bash/IPL hasn't helped either - that's where the money is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

West indies are a pale, pale shadow of the team of the 70/80s....

They should just give up test cricket and play ODI's and 20-20. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

They should just give up test cricket and play ODI's and 20-20. 

They essentially have. The best players go off and spend around 6 months playing in the various T20 comps around the world, earn a shit ton more money than the centrally contracted players & play about 25% of the amount of cricket. And they don't get battered every week. There's only gonna be one winner. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Knighthead looking at buying the Birmingham Phoenix cricket team. 

Anything to do with Knight Frank?  The corporate real estate company?

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Anything to do with Knight Frank?  The corporate real estate company?

The owners of Blues 

dumb-stupid.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

The owners of Blues 

dumb-stupid.gif

Ooh, I didn't know that.

I assumed anyone that owned the blues would be called DICKHEADS or something.

Thank you for the information small wooden storage unit man. 👍

• Haha 1

The Times reporting that Mott has been 'moved on'.

Also reporting that Key wants Morgan, but as per the report in the Times and what he said on Sky about 20 minutes ago, he doesn't want it yet as he has a young family etc.

The sensible choice would be Collingwood, England's most successful white ball captain ever before Morgan. But I've got a horrible feeling they'll go for Flintoff, there is a reason they've put him in as head coach of one of the Hundred franchises this summer...

On 23/07/2024 at 14:11, sidcow said:

Knighthead looking at buying the Birmingham Phoenix cricket team. 

they're used to buying shit

the men and the women were both garbage yesterday

Personally, I don't rate Ali as a captain

Great win for Warwickshire against Essex in the One Day Cup.

Chased down 324 with 7 wickets in hand and 14 balls to spare

a superb knock from Barnard who scored 173 not out, take a bow 👏👏👏

• Like 3

With barely a moment's pause, we are onto the next test verus the windies at Edgbaston. They really cram them in now don't they? The last test was quite competitive until the collapsed in the second innings. 

Also, Ireland is having their second-ever home test versus Zimbabwe which is being played in Belfast.

Windies 97/3 at lunch, can't see England having too many problems against this lot.

Near enough a carbon copy of the last test from the Windies here. 76-0 to 97-3 in just over 4 overs. Can see us getting them all out in the first hour after lunch.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

And Ireland 115 for two chasing Zimbabwe's first innings total of 210 runs. Have there ever been two concurrent test matches being played at the same time in the northern hemisphere before?

Nope, only Ireland's second ever test at home despite them getting test status 6 years ago.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â