Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

As I say, I'm only going off reports. I didn't watch it, but most are saying different. Greame Swann:

"To be fair to South Africa, someone up there doesn't want them in a final, but their time will come - they're oozing with talent. Before that rain break, they were going to post 360-370 and that would have been too much for New Zealand. You can't talk about choking."

Hang on. They got 281-5 in 43 overs and we were 299-6 in 43 but 360 would've been to much for us?

Swann also predicts India to beat Australia, maybe he'll be right but I don't think so. Their time will come? Not sure about this generation. Steyn, Morkel and Tahir will most likely be too old in 4 years time and who knows how good AB and Amla will be then. 

Actually if the sydney wicket is going to spin and turn and India have three spinners, maybe India can beat Australia. Ashwin and Jadeja in particular will cause them problems. 

Was reading that the weather may put paid to that. It's been gloomy in Sydney by all accounts. I think you'd never write India off in an ODI, especially in the World Cup. Could be a really fascinating encounter.  

They definitely choked. Could have had 3/4 run outs, they **** up a catch where it bounced in the middle of three players, the worst was towards the end when two players ran into each other going for a high catch.

Still a great game though.

Totally. The bowlers had been fantastic for the last 6/7 overs, but the fielders made a few dreadful errors at the death.

I think both these teams are better than India and Australia though.

They definitely choked. Could have had 3/4 run outs, they **** up a catch where it bounced in the middle of three players, the worst was towards the end when two players ran into each other going for a high catch.

Totally. The bowlers had been fantastic for the last 6/7 overs, but the fielders made a few dreadful errors at the death.

If New Zealand had of lost that game would they have choked? Just asking as South Africa are labelled as the chokers but this is the first time New Zealand have got to a final and they have lost all their previous semi-finals. 

Having now watched the highlights, and read a fair few reports on the match, I think labelling SA as chokers is a bit wide of the mark on this occasion. I prefer to give credit to New Zealand for holding their nerve and chasing down a daunting total. It looked to me like they might actually be the ones doing the chocking at one stage, but they were brilliant.

No one choked, but players on both sides (not all of them) definitely buckled under the pressure.

The wicketkeeping was pretty ropy for both, the fielding wilted a bit, bowlers struggled and there was some awesome batting. Great game, great crowd involvement.

If New Zealand had of lost that game would they have choked? Just asking as South Africa are labelled as the chokers but this is the first time New Zealand have got to a final and they have lost all their previous semi-finals. 

New Zealand have never had the players SA had over the years except 2015 and have always overachieved with their resources

Is there anyone more unlikable in cricket than Mitchell Johnson?

He's the new Ricky Ponting I think. He loves playing the panto villian! As was the case with Ponting though, he's a hell of a cricketer.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â