Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I see Cook has started the season off with a bang! Out lbw for 3, for the MCC against Yorkshire. :rolleyes:  

Oh, the tour of the West Indies is going to be fun, not!!!!!

I see England scraping a series win and a Cook still struggling to score runs!

Oh and Root or Bell to be captain after England capitulate against Aus in the summer.

I see Cook has started the season off with a bang! Out lbw for 3, for the MCC against Yorkshire. :rolleyes:  

Oh, the tour of the West Indies is going to be fun, not!!!!!

I see England scraping a series win and a Cook still struggling to score runs!

Oh and Root or Bell to be captain after England capitulate against Aus in the summer.

If he can't score runs on West Indian wickets, against a fairly poor bowling attack (assuming Sulieman Benn doesn't come back to haunt us again!), then we really are in trouble! If the last series over there is anything to go by, it's batsman's paradise. 

Roach, Taylor, Benn and Holder is a half-decent bowling attack, certainly better than the one we lost to at home to Sri Lanka. The IPL will ravage their batting but England are playing so far below their ability that it might not be a walkover.

SA are choking again :lol:

I've not seen it, but I think they've just been unlucky with the weather, rather than choked. I'd think they'd have scored at a quicker rate, given the extra overs. Well done NZ though! Really hope they go on and win it now!

They definitely choked. Could have had 3/4 run outs, they **** up a catch where it bounced in the middle of three players, the worst was towards the end when two players ran into each other going for a high catch.

Still a great game though.

As I say, I'm only going off reports. I didn't watch it, but most are saying different. Greame Swann:

"To be fair to South Africa, someone up there doesn't want them in a final, but their time will come - they're oozing with talent. Before that rain break, they were going to post 360-370 and that would have been too much for New Zealand. You can't talk about choking."

Edited by dAVe80

I had to the walk of shame. Grabbed my bag, work in the morning, 3 overs out. It was nuts 10 of 4 balls then Vettori conjures a 4. Blah I'm a bit drubk

Enjoy! Good luck in the final!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â