Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

A win's a win, but against probably the weakest team in the competition, we managed to rescue that batting innings to be average at best.

Scores of 300 are common place this tournament, so scraping our way up to that against Scotland doesn't make me think we've "turned a corner".

This Test Cricket mindset of ours is going to hold us back with one day. We seem to bat like it's a test, before we realise it's limited overs and we actually need to score, then panic and get out. New batsman, rinse and repeat. I like Bell but that innings in criminal in a One Day game on good pitches.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Before we judge England too harshly, remember Scotland got New Zealand to 142/7. Nerves played a part I think. The wicket wasn't easy to score quickly and only Moeen made it look easy because he is a class above the rest of the England batting. He may not make the runs all the time but I've been watching this man since he was 15 years of age and he was the most talented young batsman i had ever seen. 

• Like 1

yeah the associates have been very impressive. At the veryt least, these guys should be having more matches between each other and some text fixtures. Reckon they're on the same level as Bangladesh at least. 

Kevin O'Brien on the march here. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â