Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Ali certainly needs to be scoring bigger totals more consistently, and I think after the World Cup - or even during it, if he doesn't get a big score soon, there's no reason not to put Alex Hales in there. He's hit a couple of excellent totals, a few decent mid range totals, and too many low scores so far. Not enough to be dropped yet, but like Morgan, he has to score big again sharpish to merit retaining his place. 

• Like 1

Dwayne Smith has average of 19 after 100 games  :lol:

surely even England wouldnt keep playing him with stats like that  :trollface:  

How on earth can someone that bad be playing at international level?

I mean I know the Windies aren't sadly what they once were but surely they have someone else to replace him?

...in 7 innings vs Sri Lanka he has 236 runs with 119 in one innings except for that innings he be down to 19 in 6 games

Except for three innings (out of the seven, only, he has played) against them (where he scored 2, 4 and 0) his average is 57.5.

I'm not saying Moeen's record against anyone is great or that he'll turn out to be great, decent or even okay enough for England but to make the claim that he's 'not good enough against the top nations' requires more robust and sound work than either the other poster or you have supplied here.

Totally agree. Moeen has shown his class on ocassions but he lacks consistency. Its not that he can't do it against top nations he can but he's playing high risk cricket so he's bound to have a lot of failures. When he comes off he can be devastating. I have seen few batsmen in my life who pick length so well and play with so much time. 

He's still new to international cricket as well, When he played against India he was batting down the order as well. 

this is the key partnership for West Indies now. If get Sammy or Simmonds out early then I think we will have a very winnable target

What do you think you would fancy chasing? If you can keep them below 220/230 I think you have a great chance. 

wow, just wow. didnt think we could chase 300 but Ireland have been brilliant and all the players have played apart. we have chance of quarter finals now

on another note Windies were absolute criminal, seen more attacking from a Paul Lambert team :P

• Like 1

UAE up next, they've got to back themselves to make it 2/2 as well really. Though I wonder if they'll do the usual thing of not performing as well against unfancied opposition?

edit: I meant that in general sporting terms, not Ireland particulary.

Edited by Rodders

So pleased for Ireland (and Will Porterfield). Not seen the highlights yet, but sounded like they chased down a big total with ease!

Not jealous at all! Did I ever mention my Great Granny was from County Tyrone? That means I can support Ireland, right? Works for Americans! ;)

Edited by dAVe80

Brilliant Ireland. It makes a mockery of the icc wanted to cut the amount of associate members for the next world cup to 2. Ireland is my second country. My late father was from Kildare. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

So pleased for Ireland (and Will Porterfield). Not seen the highlights yet, but sounded like they chased down a big total with ease!

Not jealous at all! Did I ever mention my Great Granny was from County Tyrone? That means I can support Ireland, right? Works for Americans! ;)

except a late wobble it was quite easy, West Indies were shocking in field

Any Irish players worth stealing for the next WC?

after yesterday I think they will try steal Dockrell :(

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â