Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

There is an opening slot available although I can't ever remember Trott opening the innings for Warwickshire at any level apart from in one day cricket. I know Vaughan mentioned it but he also was very unkind before about Trott before so I don't take too much notice of what he says.

Bad start for England, hopefully we'll improve as this series goes along and be ready for the world cup. Not bothered if we loose the series but if we get a tanking then our confidence won't be very good. On a pleasing note 4 wickets for Woakes. 

Regarding Bell, he's got to make a score in this series else Hales will get back in. That 187 was good but its not an international match. 

AB is incredible. SA along  with Aus are favourites for the World Cup surely?? With NZ and Sri Lanka as outsiders.

Wonder how England will get on, expecting us to get thrashed in the tri-series with Aus and India and we have already lost the first game.

Some bloke called Kevin, who is qualified to play for England is the top scorer in the Big Bash, wonder how good he might be for England?

Sine of those shots he was hitting over the leg side boundary from way outside off stump were just outrageous.

It was the drives, back over the bowlers head that got me. Exact middle of the bat every time. It was like he was teeing off in golf!

That's very England, isn't it. be pants for ages, then when everyone's totally given up on them, suddenly annihilate (supposedly) better opposition.

Don't worry, it won't last.

That's very England, isn't it. be pants for ages, then when everyone's totally given up on them, suddenly annihilate (supposedly) better opposition.

Don't worry, it won't last.

Indeed. Very England.

AB de Villiers with the fastest ever ODI ton today! Got it in 31 balls! Wow! Surely the greatest ever ODI cricketer? 

Yes anyone who averages over 50 in test cricket and odi cricket deserves a lot of respect. Top player!

• Like 1

I think England against India in Australia is different to elsewhere. I really do think we could be dark horses this time. The hard bouncier wickets of Australia favour our seamers. 

Our backyard was a fast bowler's paradise, complete with a manhole cover on a length for variable bounce (sometimes straight over the fence) and caused many a bruised finger. Whiskey the rabbit in her hutch was at silly point, probably against RSPCA rules but she never seemed to mind that much. Those were the days. I think my highest score was 80 odd which as I'm 5 years younger than my next brother, isn't too shabby.

• Like 1

AB de Villiers with the fastest ever ODI ton today! Got it in 31 balls! Wow! Surely the greatest ever ODI cricketer? 

Glchrist by a mile, when DeVilliers does it in high pressure World Cup games then he might be the best.  He hasnt been in top 5 run scorers or played big game innings in any of the 2 World Cps he has played 

Hmm, I like Gilchrist. He'd be my number one pick for a WK/batman in any form of the game, but AB still shades it for me, in ODIs. I take on board what you say about Gilchrist's World Cup record, and again if I was picking a World Cup XI, he'd be a shoe in. As we're talking about someone at the pique of their career, and someone who has retired, I guess we may well be able to judge better, when de Villiers is done in the game.

Hmm, I like Gilchrist. He'd be my number one pick for a WK/batman in any form of the game, but AB still shades it for me, in ODIs. I take on board what you say about Gilchrist's World Cup record, and again if I was picking a World Cup XI, he'd be a shoe in. As we're talking about someone at the pique of their career, and someone who has retired, I guess we may well be able to judge better, when de Villiers is done in the game.

Gilchrist was an amazing batsman and an incredible WK to boot. No-one comes close to him in my opinion.

Quick question for all of you cricket fans in here, what got you into cricket? For me it was the 05 Ashes, KP and Freddie smashing the Aussies out of the park, the incredible win at Edgbaston, the nervy draw at Old Trafford, just about scraping home at Trent Bridge and then KP smashing the Aussies to all parts at the Oval when it looked as though Australia were going to turn it around. I mean both of my Grandad's and my dad are big cricket fans so I would have been introduced to it eventually by one of them but they didn't have to.

Both my Mum and Step Dad both dislike sport but even they watched most of that series and really enjoyed it. 

I'm asking because I read an article the other day and it talked about a lack of a national interest in the English cricket team and it was right. How are England going to capture the country's imagination when they are so god damn awful and boring? I think it's sad for the English game will never see sights like this again-

55392337-the-england-cricket-team-celebr

Quick question for all of you cricket fans in here, what got you into cricket?

Loved it from the moment I began playing it as a youngster (I guess I was about 7*).

* That's an edit and not a not out. :)

Edited by snowychap

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â