Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

he got back in through Hales having a stinker last time round tbf, didn't make it a hard call. Out first ball with the bat, dropped a costly catch when fielding. Cook still needs to deliver, but I can see why he was back for this one. Assuming weather allows it, he needs to score well tomorrow. 

Sean Abbott has made a stunning contribution to his comeback game, taking 6/14 from 7 overs to help NSW rout Queensland for 99. Great to see him come back with some fire in the belly.

And in the test match, David Warner has been rubbing people up the wrong way.

Good to see everything getting back to normal!

• Like 2

Sean Abbott has made a stunning contribution to his comeback game, taking 6/14 from 7 overs to help NSW rout Queensland for 99. Great to see him come back with some fire in the belly.

And in the test match, David Warner has been rubbing people up the wrong way.

Good to see everything getting back to normal!

Just came to post about Sean Abbott. Wonderful to see.

• Like 2

The more I think about it, the more stupid it is that we're not playing any Test cricket this winter. Australia are getting a great warm up for the Ashes, playing a full series against India, while we're playing 7 bloody ODIs against Sri Lanka!

The more I think about it, the more stupid it is that we're not playing any Test cricket this winter. Australia are getting a great warm up for the Ashes, playing a full series against India, while we're playing 7 bloody ODIs against Sri Lanka!

We've managed to cram in 3 tests against the Windies in the Carribean in April, in the only free time we have between the World Cup and the home series against NZ starting. 

No doubt some players will be really suffering by the time the one day series against Aus finishes at home in September 2015, the ECB have made a complete mess of the scheduling yet again.

firstly, we shouldn't be playing the ashes next year, should be 2016. Secondly it's been useful I think to have all this focus on the ODI's for a change - we wouldn't experiment in Test arena's, so I don't mind the lack of tests at the moment. 

firstly, we shouldn't be playing the ashes next year, should be 2016. Secondly it's been useful I think to have all this focus on the ODI's for a change - we wouldn't experiment in Test arena's, so I don't mind the lack of tests at the moment. 

Maybe if we had a bit of variation in the opponents. Playing a 7 match series against the same team seems a bit daft. Totally agree about the timing of The Ashes though. Although I guess it's down to the fact the ECB are more or less guaranteed 5 sold out test matches. I doubt we'd get that playing anyone other than Australia.

• Like 2

'The Big Bash' kicks off in Australia today - not everyone's cup of tea I realise. The Melbourne Stars have signed the self-effacing Kevin Pietersen and he has just been interviewed; their main sponsor appears to be a car dealer called ' Dick Smith'; so Pietersen appears on-screen with just the word 'dick' visible in large letters on his front. Classic ! 

• Like 2

I see the venues for the 2019 Ashes have been announced. Lords, The Oval, Edgbaston, Headingley and Old Trafford. I'm happy enough with that, they’re what I'd call the traditional grounds, and a fair mix of two in the North, one in the Midlands, and as ever two in London. Lot of other counties kicking off about it, in particular Notts. They got Ashes Tests in 2013 & 2015 though, so can't see why.

Wasn't the Nottingham pitch staff fined this year for a shocking state in the India Tests before the Southampton Test?

Not surprised they've decided to leave that one well alone, if you can't get the pitch right for an England International game, they're not going to run back to use your stadium when there are other, more deserving stadiums.

If I'm wrong, that's ok, Nottingham is pants (sorry trent, not that he'd come in here! :) )

'The Big Bash' kicks off in Australia today - not everyone's cup of tea I realise. The Melbourne Stars have signed the self-effacing Kevin Pietersen and he has just been interviewed; their main sponsor appears to be a car dealer called ' Dick Smith'; so Pietersen appears on-screen with just the word 'dick' visible in large letters on his front. Classic !

Dick Smith is a technology retail chain. I used to work there in my retail grunt days. Our slogan was "Talk to the Techxperts" (seriously). Of course, everyone called us Dickxperts. Fun times... Edited by Ghost

No doubting his ability; it's his arrogance that irritates. Other players are excellent but nowhere near as arrogant; say for example ...... just picking a random player .... with no bias ...... Ian Bell :D

That Pietersen chap that Melbourne have signed for the Big Bash looked pretty handy last night!

not really. Did you see the way the opponents (Adelaide) knocked off the runs? The pitch was a batsmanship paradise. KP did Ok, but nothing special.
  • Like 1

So Cook has gone as ODI captain, should also go as test captain but that's for another day. For what it's worth in my opinion Moores and Downton should also go, both way out of their depth.

Looks like Morgan will be the ODI captain but Agnew says that this is more than likely a short term measure. https://twitter.com/Aggerscricket/status/545986142500556800

Maybe  Taylor or Root after the World Cup?

The squad is also announced tomorrow, think they will go for something like this-

Morgan ©

Hales

Ali

Bell

Root

Taylor

Bopara

Buttler

Billings

Broad

Anderson

Woakes

Jordan

Tredwell

Finn

Getting rid of Cook now is too little, too late. Morgan has been as equally dismal with the bat as Cook has. I'd be disappointed if he was in the frame to the long term ODI captain. Taylor or Root is a decent shout, although I'd think Broad may be in the running too, with already being the T20 captain. 

• Like 1

Getting rid of Cook now is too little, too late. Morgan has been as equally dismal with the bat as Cook has. I'd be disappointed if he was in the frame to the long term ODI captain. Taylor or Root is a decent shout, although I'd think Broad may be in the running too, with already being the T20 captain. 

The problem with Broad is that he hardly ever captains the T20 team, I think since the only time he has played for the T20 team in either 2013 or 2014 was at the World Cup in April. 

I think they will pick Root as they have an eye on putting him in for the test captaincy when we get beat in the Ashes.

Edited by Avfc96

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â