Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Yes the target was gettable but Moeen had little support until Bopara. Still a truly wonderful innings from Moeen. Its all about the world cup. Who wins this series isn't the main thing and Moeen getting a hundred at the top of the order is a huge bonus for England. Our seam bowling has to improve.

Jesus that's terrible. Crazy to think that can happen in this day and age, but these are the risks associated with any sport. Absolutely awful for his family, and the bowler - he's never going to be right again. How do you deal with the fact that you killed a guy playing a match...

Very sad, RIP Phil Hughes.

Also feel so sorry for the bowler, at the end of the day all he has done is run in and bowl a regulation bouncer in which no way could he have thought it would end like this.

• Like 1

I'm assuming he had a helmet on?

If so, how can this happen?

Yes, he was wearing a helmet. He turned his head I believe, and the ball struck him on the lower part of his head / back of his neck.

I'm assuming he had a helmet on?

If so, how can this happen?

Yes, he was wearing a helmet. He turned his head I believe, and the ball struck him on the lower part of his head / back of his neck.

Yes, apparently as he turned his head he got hit and it crushed the artery leading to his brain. It's a very rare injury. Very, very upsetting. RIP Phil.

After hearing about it this morning, it's still absolutely unbelievable.

Incredibly sad, nothing anyone could have done or have tried to avoid.

The bowler will never be the same, although I thoroughly hope he can get over this, he must know it wasn't his fault.

Again, just absolutely an unbelievable tragedy, feel for everyone involved in his personal/professional life, by all accounts it seems like he was a very well liked and respected young man.

R.I.P Sir.

Not ashamed to admit that this incredibly sad news brought a tear or two to my eyes when I read it this morning.

I feel desperately sad for his family and friends, and indeed the bowler. I doubt that I can comprehend what they are going through at this time.

Edited by JB
  • Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â