Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Yes but everything is in the batsmens favour. A right handed batsman is allowed to switch hands and play as if a lefthander. I agree they have now taken the doosra out of the game. You can't bowl it with a straight arm at any pace.

What angle would you allow?

As long as they bowl overarm who cares? Malinga throws the ball and is allowed to play!

The ICC have a whole heap of important things to do than banning someone because his action isn't perfect.

What angle would you allow?

As long as they bowl overarm who cares? Malinga throws the ball and is allowed to play!

The ICC have a whole heap of important things to do than banning someone because his action isn't perfect.

Yes Malinga has the most round arm action ever

They aren't bowling, though, are they (if bowling is deemed to be a legal delivery as per law 24)?

Malinga bowls the ball round arm, doesn't he? As far as I know that hasn't been illegal since when? The 1860s?

They aren't banning (or suspending) someone because his actions isn't perfect; they are suspending him because, after referral, his action doesn't comply with the laws.

In order for him to continue playing, he needs to amend his action to comply with the law as it currently stands or the law needs to be changed.

Complaining that the governing body don't ignore one of the laws of the game is bizarre.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Not sure maybe 30 degrees. what do you think?

Why choose that, though?

Is there any more reason for that than 15 degrees (is 15 degrees the correct number - is that what the biomechanics experts decided upon or someone at the ICC or wherever just sticking their finger in the air)?

If the point is to get to a situation where no gets called for chucking then why don't the laws just get amended to allow chucking?

Wasn't 15 degrees decided upon for Murali. No idea why they came up with that number! I don't think you should be able to come in and chuck the ball like in baseball but there should be more allowance than a 15 degree straightening of the arm.

!!!!!!!!!!!  this is getting a bit technical for me. Anyone remember the Harold Rhodes business; fast Derbyshire bowler who got 'called' and banned from Test cricket - unfairly IMO. Wonder what he makes of all this. Am told he was very 'upset' about the way he was treated by the Authorities.

Anyway - far more important matters ....... Keith Barker in the wickets for Warks - possibly another problem for London Cup (nice one though) ! 

So -  3 hours on bike in the morning  - quick snooze - then down to Edgbaston tomorrow :)

Wasn't 15 degrees decided upon for Murali. No idea why they came up with that number!

I think they decided on 15 degrees as Murali was born with some genetic defect that meant he was either double jointed or couldn't straighten his arm fully. 15 degrees was deemed an acceptable tolerance by the biomechanic guys. And they did a lot of work with slow motion camera's and movement tracking.

tickets for the 1st Ashes test, 2015 go on general sale in approx 1 minute

cheapest adult ticket for any single day, days 1 to 4 = £62

Got mine in the Hollies stand.

£70 + £20 quid for guaranteed seats or something.

Expensive.. Hope it's worth it, never been to a test match before.

• Like 1

The law was adapted to accomadate Murali - the bowler should bowl with a straight arm otherwise it becomes a baseball pitch. I agree there needs to be a degree of flex but if you google the images of Ajmal's and the Sri Lankan Mankad merchant their actions take the piss.

You'll have a great time!

Edgbaston has a great atmosphere, and we tend to do OK there in the Ashes.

He bowls to the leeefft....

Aye, Edgbaston is historically a very good ground for England in Test matches. Against Australia especially, it's got a Partisan atmosphere, that's second to non on these shores. 

• Like 1

Was at Edgbaston this afternoon. It was a pleasure to witness the partnership between Hain and Trott.  Young Sam is possibly the best young player that we have  ever had, some of his offiside shots were class.. Obviously Amiss and Bell were up there but I reckon Sam might surpass both their test records. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Already got mine, 1st day of the third test, 2nd tier of the pavilion at Edgbaston. :D

Will be getting down to Edgbaston tomorrow about 1ish after i've picked my car up. Hopefully spend the afternoon watching us bowl them out! :D

Got mine in the Hollies stand.

£70 + £20 quid for guaranteed seats or something.

Expensive.. Hope it's worth it, never been to a test match before.

You will enjoy it massively, it's a great day.

My first test was against Pakistan at the Oval in 06 on the day when Pakistan refused to play after tea. It was great fun, especially when random things were being hit around the stand with those miniature cricket bats.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â