Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Just got home. Absolutely fantastic day. Chuffed to bits.

Did you dress up?

Nah, I went with my dad for his birthday so I just went in my Villa top :)

Not a bad choice - although you could have chanced an afro for Sanchez! :-D 

Looked and sounded like an incredible atmosphere, especially when the trophy was awarded. Would have loved to have been there.

So glad we won that, think we were the best team out of the four and thoroughly deserved it.

Chuffed we beat Lancs in the final too, the Sky commentary team will be moaning about that for ages now. Nice bit of shithousery when their non-striker blatantly toed it away so they could run for a single too and Horton's reaction to been given out was pretty poor. 

But who cares, it's taken 11 years but we've finally done it! 

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  :D

• Like 3

Get in, Warwickshire into the quarter's just. Nice to see Worcester get through.

Be brilliant if it was a Warwickshire vs Worcestershire considering finals day is at Edgbaston.

Chopra was brilliant yet again.

Surrey also through means that won't happen :)

Whatever :rolleyes:

tell me about that Warwickshire v Worcester final again :P

Surrey v Lancs final then .....

Surrey getting to the final eh Tony? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
meh

Pyjama cricket isn't proper cricket anyway :)

• Like 1

Who on Earth decided it was  a good to have (the overrated) Adam Hollioake on the pitch; his live interviews were cringe-worthy; another player picked for England by the Cockney press !

Thought Chopra's captaincy was excellent again; just disappointed in Rickie Clarke - who I thought had, an otherwise, good season. Tempted to think that Horton made a mistake by putting Flintoff in too far down the order - damn glad he did though. Did they show Kabir Ali having pitch-side treatment against Hants  on TV ? We thought then than he wouldn't play in the final.

Now for the London Cup (or whatever it's called) but I guess without Bell and/or  Woakes.

Clarke hasn't done very well in 4 day cricket this season. I think he has about 14 wickets at 40 and 400 runs @ 33. Maybe age and injuries have caught up on him. He rarely bowls faster than 80 mph these days. He had that great innings at Chelmsford and has bowled well in one day cricket but has lost a bit of zip. Dougie and the coaching staff are building something really good here. You look at all the injuries and England call-ups and we have won a trophy and in with a chance of winning the other two. The strength in depth of our seam attack is unreal. 

We won't have Bell or Woakes at Chelmsford but we will have Trott back. I'm amazed how much pace Chris Woakes has gained in one year. He must be bowling 5 mph quicker than last season high 80s.

Edited by PaulC

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â