Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Game over, England win by 266 runs.

Mo picks up 6 wickets.  Anderson and Broad played very well.

Shame Woakes didn't pick up any wickets, he was close to about 3.

Bell played well, Cook played and captained well.. Awesome.

But... now what do I do when I'm at work?! When does the Test at Old Trafford start?! :(

Next Thursday.

In other news, Trott has a century.  :D

• Like 1

It's going to take Durham roughly 10 minutes to beat Warwick today..

264 all out.

106 from Trott.  Goodness me we're weak when Trott, Chopra and Porterfield are gone.  Porterfield has been pretty naff lately as well. :(

England player reaction

Alastair Cook on TMS, regarding form and captaincy: "It was getting to a crux situation, if it had carried on like that who knows what would have happened? But from one to 11 everyone contributed. But I want to mention Chris Woakes, to not get a wicket was very unlucky but he looks like an international bowler.

Good news for Chris, clearly rated by the skipper then

• Like 2

Really please with the win. Great bowling from Moeen, great to see. Going to give some credit to Cook too. Captained the side very well during this test. Proved some people wrong, me included. Keep it up!

• Like 1

England player reaction

Alastair Cook on TMS, regarding form and captaincy: "It was getting to a crux situation, if it had carried on like that who knows what would have happened? But from one to 11 everyone contributed. But I want to mention Chris Woakes, to not get a wicket was very unlucky but he looks like an international bowler.

Good news for Chris, clearly rated by the skipper then

Nice touch from Cook, I think. I have to be honest that I have been a bit dubious where Woakes is concerned but he looked pretty decent from what I saw of him in this game.

Its been around since time began  :)

I can honestly say that I can't recall having heard it before Hussain and Strauss said it the other day.

So that's about 34 years of playing cricket, watching cricket, listening to cricket commentaries, reading match reports, reading about the game and so on.

'Getting a nick' or 'nicking it to slip/the 'keeper' sure but 'nick off' or 'nicking off' - nope, never.

Edited by snowychap

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â