Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

England might finally a win a game of test cricket. Only took nearly a year!

The journo's who are now very smug like Agnew and Steve James are pissing me off. It's like the Ashes, Sri Lanka at home and the first two tests of this series never bloody happened.

Cook made some good decisions today... Very pleased Moeen is making a significant contribution with the ball. Would be nice if Woakes could get a wicket or two tomorrow. No all can not be forgotten AVfc96 but its a new team and theres a lot of positives to take from this test. 

Cook made some good decisions today... Very pleased Moeen is making a significant contribution with the ball. Would be nice if Woakes could get a wicket or two tomorrow. No all can not be forgotten AVfc96 but its a new team and theres a lot of positives to take from this test. 

Don't get me wrong Paul, this is a new team and there are positives to be taken. It's the fact that some journo's, pundits and fans are acting like the past 12 months never happened.

Yeah, this is very much the start of a new era. New coaching staff (yes Moores has been there before), and a host of new(er) player just starting to make their way in test cricket. I'm sure there'll be a few more tweaks here and there, but signs are, they're starting to build something. 

Was talking to my mate at work today about Robson, and he mentioned Hales as a potential test opener. I'd not really considered him before, but then thinking about the impact Dave Warner has had opening for the Aussies, maybe it's not such a mad idea. Any thoughts on that one?

Yeah, this is very much the start of a new era. New coaching staff (yes Moores has been there before), and a host of new(er) player just starting to make their way in test cricket. I'm sure there'll be a few more tweaks here and there, but signs are, they're starting to build something. 

Was talking to my mate at work today about Robson, and he mentioned Hales as a potential test opener. I'd not really considered him before, but then thinking about the impact Dave Warner has had opening for the Aussies, maybe it's not such a mad idea. Any thoughts on that one?

Hales if im right has improved his county form this year so could be in with a chance, but I think England should stick with Robson as he does have a lot of talent and potential.

• Like 1

Hales if im right has improved his county form this year so could be in with a chance, but I think England should stick with Robson as he does have a lot of talent and potential.

Absolutely. I'm all for sticking with Robson and giving him a chance. Just throwing an idea out there. 

• Like 1

Hales is not a bad call because if you look at the top 3 they are all pretty pedestrian. Ok Ballance does speed up well when he gets in but Hales maybe like a right handed Trescothick or as you say a Warner and get us off to a flyer.. I'd give Robson this series and see how he does before changing though. We may have to make some changes for Old Trafford. I think Anderson might get a suspension and they may want to pick a left arm spinner. So three seamers with Moeen and Kerrigan. Its what i think they may do at Old Trafford anyway.

after india, we have a long break in test cricket I think. I'm sure Robson will get this series, and assuming he doesn't pan it too badly I would expec him to still be there for the next series. 

Very happy for Moeen today, and would like to see Woakes get a wicket or two tomorrow. All things looking rosy tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Game over, England win by 266 runs.

Mo picks up 6 wickets.  Anderson and Broad played very well.

Shame Woakes didn't pick up any wickets, he was close to about 3.

Bell played well, Cook played and captained well.. Awesome.

But... now what do I do when I'm at work?! When does the Test at Old Trafford start?! :(

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â