Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Not bad at all, more than we anticipated - but I am useless at judging numbers. Easy victory in the end even though I thought we might have been 20 runs short.

Warks seem to be playing really well at the moment - T20 could be interesting but tough.

In other news - wife wants to go to Ashes next year but you have to lay out a lot of cash - before the end of August - to get tickets at Members prices; and renew for next year !!

Good to hear about the crowds and the ashes prices next year for me as a member are extortionate, £81 pound it is for me to go.

Not bad at all, more than we anticipated - but I am useless at judging numbers. Easy victory in the end even though I thought we might have been 20 runs short.

Warks seem to be playing really well at the moment - T20 could be interesting but tough.

In other news - wife wants to go to Ashes next year but you have to lay out a lot of cash - before the end of August - to get tickets at Members prices; and renew for next year !!

My mate Gaz has been dreaming of watching an England game at Lords.  So I went on yesterday to look at prices etc, and you can only register for a ballot?

Seems very strange way of getting tickets to me, should be first come, first serve.. I felt uneasy putting in my address like it would go against me somehow! :)

That said, after watching the games in Southampton, it's made me want to go and watch some internationals at Edgbaston, I've only seen 20/20 games atm.

If you can you should make every effort to go to Lords, I have been three times to watch England and it has been brilliant. 

And Lapal, there are still some tickets left for the England vs India ODI at Edgbaston in September.

My mate Gaz has bought himself a ticket, I was really tempted, but with a baby on the way, and several more days out this year (Sea Fishing trip to Bournemouth, just come back from a weekend in London, among other things) I think I'll have to sit this one out - Gutted! :(

Funnily enough, we just came back from a weekend in London, and we passed Lords on the way to Camden Market (around Abbey Road), looks nice :)

Good to hear about the crowds and the ashes prices next year for me as a member are extortionate, £81 pound it is for me to go.

My mate Gaz has been dreaming of watching an England game at Lords.  So I went on yesterday to look at prices etc, and you can only register for a ballot?

Seems very strange way of getting tickets to me, should be first come, first serve.. I felt uneasy putting in my address like it would go against me somehow! :)

That said, after watching the games in Southampton, it's made me want to go and watch some internationals at Edgbaston, I've only seen 20/20 games atm.

If you can you should make every effort to go to Lords, I have been three times to watch England and it has been brilliant. 

And Lapal, there are still some tickets left for the England vs India ODI at Edgbaston in September.

My mate Gaz has bought himself a ticket, I was really tempted, but with a baby on the way, and several more days out this year (Sea Fishing trip to Bournemouth, just come back from a weekend in London, among other things) I think I'll have to sit this one out - Gutted! :(

Funnily enough, we just came back from a weekend in London, and we passed Lords on the way to Camden Market (around Abbey Road), looks nice :)

Lords is wonderful, but you need to rob a bank if you want to pay for anything in there such as drinks and food.

Lords is wonderful, but you need to rob a bank if you want to pay for anything in there such as drinks and food.

How much were tickets by the way?

I tried to find some prices, but couldn't.. :)

Yeah, a trip to Lords is a must for any cricket fan. If you can get tickets for the first day of the test, the atmosphere (or the hushed hum) is fantastic, especially when it's the Ashes.

With regards to Ashes tickets, I understand that they are by far the most popular series to watch, but it does stick the throat some what that you pay about £80 to watch Australia, but will pay £30 to £40 to watch the likes of Sri Lanka and India.

Yeah, a trip to Lords is a must for any cricket fan. If you can get tickets for the first day of the test, the atmosphere (or the hushed hum) is fantastic, especially when it's the Ashes.

With regards to Ashes tickets, I understand that they are by far the most popular series to watch, but it does stick the throat some what that you pay about £80 to watch Australia, but will pay £30 to £40 to watch the likes of Sri Lanka and India.

£80 for the ticket

£100 for 2 nights in covent garden travelodge

£15 underground pass

£100 drinks/food

:mellow:  Is it that good?!

I don't know about general ticket prices, sorry,  :(

All the times I have been I have sat in the Mound stand as my Grandad is an MCC member.

I don't know about general ticket prices, sorry,  :(

All the times I have been I have sat in the Mound stand as my Grandad is an MCC member.

That's very cool :thumb::)

£80 for the ticket

£100 for 2 nights in covent garden travelodge

£15 underground pass

£100 drinks/food

:mellow:  Is it that good?!

Yes, it is that good.

stupid question alert;

Drop Robson - Bring in Chopra?

Yay - nay? - Reasons?

Nay, Chopra has a poor county record this season. If anyone it will be Lyth or Hales. 

If only - Though my ticket for headingly v Sri Lanka was an excellent 20 quid, the tickets for Old trafford v Inja are 65 (it might be 68 I can't remember, and my mate's got the tickets right now). Whatever, apart from going on the last couple fo days to games, a lot of people are being priced out, just like happened with football.

If only - Though my ticket for headingly v Sri Lanka was an excellent 20 quid, the tickets for Old trafford v Inja are 65 (it might be 68 I can't remember, and my mate's got the tickets right now). Whatever, apart from going on the last couple fo days to games, a lot of people are being priced out, just like happened with football.

That would make sense, if the stadiums were selling out, but I haven't seen a stadium against india or sri lanka thats been more than 50% in the day sessions..

I wonder why they're driving prices up?  I think it's good that even the commentary team are talking about the expensive prices.

I mean, a ticket to a cricket match should be no more than £25 IMO, unless you've got the demand for it, which they don't, unless it's Lords.

The ashes normally sell and I bet an India test match at edgbaston would have sold out the first three days at least.. Having 8 test match venues and this bidding war for matches  dictates prices....

• Like 1

Yeh when I went to the India test at Edgbaston in 2011, it was very nearly full.

It's ridiclous that the Rose Bowl get's a test match and Edgbaston doesn't for the second year in a row.

Obviously sat in the posh seats! ;)  My ticket for Headingley was £40 (to sit behind the bowlers arm), and as you say there were £20 tickets available. To be honest I didn't check the prices for the India test matches (or ODIs T20s), but assumed they'd be around the same price. Last year I paid £75 to watch the Ashes test at Durham (the day Broad bowled them all out, and we wrapped up the series B)), £25 for the T20 at Durham (because I'd got a ticket in advance for the 5th day of the test, which didn't take place), and £65 for the ODI at Headingley, that got rained off. 

I've been rained off as many times as I've watched a game of cricket :lol:

I think I'm bad luck.

Up until Sri Lanka at Headingley, I'd gone on an unbeaten run of about 15 England games (various formats, mostly test matches, including an away in Barbados).

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â