Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Didn't notice that Blandy.... Bells innings was fantastic. Wish Woakes had been given more than one over. He looks to have  gained a bit of pace. 87.9 MPH tops in that first over....Dissapointed Moeen didn't make runs on that wicket but you can't have everything i guess..

Mooen definitly has a problem against the short ball, he needs to iron that out as better bowling attacks will get him out easily. 

Hopefully Woakes get's into the wickets tomorrow, I was surprised to see him bowling that quick aswell.

He played the short ball pretty well the day he batted all day against Sri Lanka.... I've never noticed him having a problem in county cricket with it. I think its just him. he gets out softly at times...But you are right, he will be targetted so needs to just learn how to duck...

Woakes has been very unlucky, he has bowled some excellent stuff but hasn't got the reward he deserves. Jordan has been pretty poor all day though.

Woakes has done himself no harm today.

Weird though is Jordan, he absolutely battered Warwickshire the other day. He's played poorly though today. Maybe tomorrow he'll be better :)

Woakes has been very unlucky, he has bowled some excellent stuff but hasn't got the reward he deserves. Jordan has been pretty poor all day though.

Weird though is Jordan, he absolutely battered Warwickshire the other day. He's played poorly though today. Maybe tomorrow he'll be better :)

Just shows the big difference between County and Test cricket though.

Have been given the choice to go to Essex for the quarter final at the weekend or go out with my girlfriend which I have already agreed to. Hmmmmmmmm.

Have been given the choice to go to Essex for the quarter final at the weekend or go out with my girlfriend which I have already agreed to. Hmmmmmmmm.

Tell her all your family died in Essex and you need to go, without her immediately. :D

• Like 2

Tell her all your family died in Essex and you need to go, without her immediately. :D

Just spat out my drink laughing at that, good idea Lapal. Let's see if she falls for it.  :D

• Like 1

I agree Woakes has bowled reasonably well but he hasn't looked very threatening and its all about the wickets column. With Plunkett and Stokes ready to come back then he needs wickets second innings... Maybe he's trying to bowl too quick and not gettng the ball in the right place enough times. Also he hasn't swung it much compared to Anderson..Jordan has been awful. Maybe the pressure of test cricket is the difference...No matter what people say about Mooen's bowling, he has a golden arm. Should have had Rahane out for 9 when he gloved it too Butler... impressed with Butler's keeping . He has improved a lot

I agree Woakes has bowled reasonably well but he hasn't looked very threatening and its all about the wickets column. With Plunkett and Stokes ready to come back then he needs wickets second innings... Maybe he's trying to bowl too quick and not gettng the ball in the right place enough times. Also he hasn't swung it much compared to Anderson..Jordan has been awful. Maybe the pressure of test cricket is the difference...No matter what people say about Mooen's bowling, he has a golden arm. Should have had Rahane out for 9 when he gloved it too Butler... impressed with Butler's keeping . He has improved a lot

Doesn't help Woakes and Jordan were still playing on the Thursday, then had to travel up on the Friday probably then get straight into Test mode. I'm not sure why they were preferred to Plunkett and Stokes.

Excellent display by Warks tonight. Jeetan Patel was excellent and Chopra is becoming an excellent captain (IMO). Pity Trott got injured and I wonder where Barker is ?

This new young spinner looks a great prospect; bowls it quite quickly off just a couple of paces.

• Like 1

Excellent display by Warks tonight. Jeetan Patel was excellent and Chopra is becoming an excellent captain (IMO). Pity Trott got injured and I wonder where Barker is ?

This new young spinner looks a great prospect; bowls it quite quickly off just a couple of paces.

Bugger forgot Warwickshire were playing today, just checked the scorecard and seeing Chopra getting big runs at the top of the innings is becoming a usual sight which is magnificent.

What was the crowd like today?? 

Not bad at all, more than we anticipated - but I am useless at judging numbers. Easy victory in the end even though I thought we might have been 20 runs short.

Warks seem to be playing really well at the moment - T20 could be interesting but tough.

In other news - wife wants to go to Ashes next year but you have to lay out a lot of cash - before the end of August - to get tickets at Members prices; and renew for next year !!

Not bad at all, more than we anticipated - but I am useless at judging numbers. Easy victory in the end even though I thought we might have been 20 runs short.

Warks seem to be playing really well at the moment - T20 could be interesting but tough.

In other news - wife wants to go to Ashes next year but you have to lay out a lot of cash - before the end of August - to get tickets at Members prices; and renew for next year !!

My mate Gaz has been dreaming of watching an England game at Lords.  So I went on yesterday to look at prices etc, and you can only register for a ballot?

Seems very strange way of getting tickets to me, should be first come, first serve.. I felt uneasy putting in my address like it would go against me somehow! :)

That said, after watching the games in Southampton, it's made me want to go and watch some internationals at Edgbaston, I've only seen 20/20 games atm.

Good to hear about the crowds and the ashes prices next year for me as a member are extortionate, £81 pound it is for me to go.

My mate Gaz has been dreaming of watching an England game at Lords.  So I went on yesterday to look at prices etc, and you can only register for a ballot?

Seems very strange way of getting tickets to me, should be first come, first serve.. I felt uneasy putting in my address like it would go against me somehow! :)

That said, after watching the games in Southampton, it's made me want to go and watch some internationals at Edgbaston, I've only seen 20/20 games atm.

If you can you should make every effort to go to Lords, I have been three times to watch England and it has been brilliant. 

And Lapal, there are still some tickets left for the England vs India ODI at Edgbaston in September.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â