Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

No it wasn't the reason. That happened before anybody knew Kim was ill..Kim called me to tell me the doctors coudn't do anything and a week later he was dead. .Kim had his own advertising business in London and then moved up to Shropshire and took over Spin Cricket magazine with George Dobell who works for cicinfo now and is  the most knowledgeable county cricket journalist around...Kim also started my bearsfans forum with me as an alternative to the official one which no longer exists...

I searched for a bears forum not yesterday!

needless to say, your's was on top! :)

No it wasn't the reason. That happened before anybody knew Kim was ill..Kim called me to tell me the doctors coudn't do anything and a week later he was dead. .Kim had his own advertising business in London and then moved up to Shropshire and took over Spin Cricket magazine with George Dobell who works for cicinfo now and is  the most knowledgeable county cricket journalist around...Kim also started my bearsfans forum with me as an alternative to the official one which no longer exists...

I searched for a bears forum and it was just a load of hairy blokes in leather thongs sniffing poppers  :(

• Like 1

Its fitting that Trott gets his first come back hundred against Sussex. A good friend of mine died after a short illness in January. Kim Jones, editior of the spin magazine and beyond the boundary, A Warwickshire fan with close ties with Sussex and Trott's number 1 fan and friend.....

Regarding a result, I can't see anything other than a draw...

I live in Sussex and knew of Kim through a couple of message boards. I never got to meet him and he's probably the only person who I have genuinely mourned without having met them. I had so much banter with him, he seemed like a top bloke. I might pop along to the last day tomorrow, in fact I served a Villa fan at work today who had made the trip down to Horsham, I wondered whether it might be anyone who posts on here. Probably a long shot.
Horsham you say ... You don't know Adrian from fire Risk UK do you , can't imagine there are many villa fans in Horsham so you may know him

Nah I don't know him, I know of 3 other Villa fans from here and I'm not a particularly popular person, so there must be a few knocking about. I did pop along for the last day today, Warks seemed to give up a bit feebly in the end. It was **** hot as well.

I searched for a bears forum and it was just a load of hairy blokes in leather thongs sniffing poppers  :(

Hope its exceptable to put links on here...  http://www.bearsfans.co.uk

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Just joined up. Not sure how often I'll post (what with my Villa Talk commitments and all  ;)), but I'm looking forward to being able to keep up with some Bears related talk, while I continue my exile up north! 

Just joined up. Not sure how often I'll post (what with my Villa Talk commitments and all  ;)), but I'm looking forward to being able to keep up with some Bears related talk, while I continue my exile up north! 

You're very welcome Dave... Too many Blues fans on there so good to have another Villa fan join...

• Like 1

Her shed was shown at the end but I was given wrong information. Its featured on the next programme. Its in oswestry, Shropshire. Her name is Alison. Sorry!

Edited by PaulC

Get in, Warwickshire into the quarter's just. Nice to see Worcester get through.

Be brilliant if it was a Warwickshire vs Worcestershire considering finals day is at Edgbaston.

Chopra was brilliant yet again. 

Get in, Warwickshire into the quarter's just. Nice to see Worcester get through.

Be brilliant if it was a Warwickshire vs Worcestershire considering finals day is at Edgbaston.

Surrey also through means that won't happen :)

Surrey also through means that won't happen :)

Whatever  :rolleyes:

Tough draw against Essex mind.

Seen Chopra live twice this season and he's averaged 70! Thought we were about 20 runs short today but pissed it in the end. 

Tough draw against Essex mind.

Seen Chopra live twice this season and he's averaged 70! Thought we were about 20 runs short today but pissed it in the end. 

Yeah Leicstershire were woeful with the bat, will need someone with Chopra to score runs if we are going to get to finals day.

• Like 1

I agree. We need to get Laurie Evans higher up the order so he can make more impact.... In the games where we have been up against it against Notts and Yorkshire he has been the one to win us the game.....Tough game at Chelmsford. They have a lot more experience than us at this stage of the competition,

and a lot longer since we've reached finals day... In fact it was the first t20 competition we did  it... i can remember quarter defeats at Surrey in a bowl off in 2005, 2007 we lost to Lancs, Sussex in 2009 and then Hampshire.... 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â