Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

It's on the wireless as well. Can listen via the BBC website too.

At work at the minute.

I'll probably catch the highlights on Sky later on :)

Dave, I assume if we get all out today or tomorrow, that's it, game over, no more innings right?

No, both teams still have another innings to play. Draw looks the most likey result at the moment though, due to the lack of time left.  

That is, unless either side skittles through the other.

It's on the wireless as well. Can listen via the BBC website too.

At work at the minute.

I'll probably catch the highlights on Sky later on :)

Dave, I assume if we get all out today or tomorrow, that's it, game over, no more innings right?

No, both teams still have another innings to play. Draw looks the most likey result at the moment though, due to the lack of time left.  

We needed to win this, really.. what with Yorkshire winning. :(

Shame.

Yeah, unfortunately a Bears win looks like the least likely result at the moment.

Its fitting that Trott gets his first come back hundred against Sussex. A good friend of mine died after a short illness in January. Kim Jones, editior of the spin magazine and beyond the boundary, A Warwickshire fan with close ties with Sussex and Trott's number 1 fan and friend.....

Regarding a result, I can't see anything other than a draw...

• Like 1

As i wrote that Trott is out so theres still a possibility we could loose i guess if we get bowled out after lunch and then who knows what the wicket will be like on the final day...

Definitely. He's had a superb season, and to be fair plenty of the others have all chipped in. I know they made hard work of it today but it was still a win inside 3 days. Would be a shocking screw up to not be promoted now. The likes of Fell, Kohler Cadmore and Kervezee have improved too as the season has improved and the bowling unit has thrived as a team. I know Ajmal would occasionally win matches on his own almost, figures wise, but he's always been well supported by all the others taking regular wickets. It's a shame we lost Richard Jones to the Bears as he was very decent last year. Think we'll stand a good chance of staying up next season tbh. 

Its fitting that Trott gets his first come back hundred against Sussex. A good friend of mine died after a short illness in January. Kim Jones, editior of the spin magazine and beyond the boundary, A Warwickshire fan with close ties with Sussex and Trott's number 1 fan and friend.....

I live in Sussex and knew of Kim through a couple of message boards. I never got to meet him and he's probably the only person who I have genuinely mourned without having met them. I had so much banter with him, he seemed like a top bloke. I might pop along to the last day tomorrow, in fact I served a Villa fan at work today who had made the trip down to Horsham, I wondered whether it might be anyone who posts on here. Probably a long shot.

I live in Sussex and knew of Kim through a couple of message boards. I never got to meet him and he's probably the only person who I have genuinely mourned without having met them. I had so much banter with him, he seemed like a top bloke. I might pop along to the last day tomorrow, in fact I served a Villa fan at work today who had made the trip down to Horsham, I wondered whether it might be anyone who posts on here. Probably a long shot.

Yes  I went to see him a few days before he died with a former Warwickshire player and a lady called Jane who I met through Kim. She had stage 3 ovarian cancer when i first met her 9 years ago and he helped her through it. Top bloke who I could never win an argument with... 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

No it wasn't the reason. That happened before anybody knew Kim was ill..Kim called me to tell me the doctors coudn't do anything and a week later he was dead. .Kim had his own advertising business in London and then moved up to Shropshire and took over Spin Cricket magazine with George Dobell who works for cicinfo now and is  the most knowledgeable county cricket journalist around...Kim also started my bearsfans forum with me as an alternative to the official one which no longer exists...

Horsham you say ... You don't know Adrian from fire Risk UK do you , can't imagine there are many villa fans in Horsham so you may know him

... took over Spin Cricket magazine with George Dobell who works for cicinfo now and is  the most knowledgeable county cricket journalist around...

I went to school with George.

Was that in Somerset? He told me he's from Taunton or somewhere around there and is Somerset fan although he's covered Warwickshire so much I always thought he was a bear...

... took over Spin Cricket magazine with George Dobell who works for cicinfo now and is  the most knowledgeable county cricket journalist around...

I went to school with George.

Was that in Somerset? He told me he's from Taunton or somewhere around there and is Somerset fan although he's covered Warwickshire so much I always thought he was a bear...

No, Malvern.

I seem to remember him coming from that way though I may have heard that via a friend of his brother, Henry.

I was a Somerset fan at the time, too - I stopped supporting them when they got rid of Viv and Joel.

I seem to recall that he ran the Northwick in Worcester as a music venue for a couple of years in the 90s (that was probably the last time I bumped in to him). Next thing I knew I saw him being interviewed on breakfast telly during the Ashes series just gone.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â