Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I do kinda home Somerset win the title tbh, they really are due one eventually, they've been unlucky in the past few years. Worcestershire should still get promoted with Ajmal gone I think, 22 points up and with a game in hand, I think 2 wins from the last 5 matches might be enough

Just the 7 for Amjal in his final Worcestershire game. We'll miss him... lots!

Yes sometimes you don't get the wickets you deserve. 63 in nine games . 27 pts between Worcs and the third place side with a game in hand, they'll be fine. Problem starts when they get back in div 1. They have become a bit of a yoyo side these last few years. They are hopeful of getting Ajmal back next season...

I think Yorkshire will win the first div title. They have already beaten Warwickshire twice 

Thing that gets me is why England haven't played Pakistan in so long. I think we play them again in 2016 home and away.... Are we waiting until Ajmal is too old....I want to see us tested against him again... Destroyed us in teh UAE last time. Ian Bell said he's the hardest bowler he's ever faced.. and he's faced warne and Murali...

Edited by PaulC

Yes sometimes you don't get the wickets you deserve. 63 in nine games . 27 pts between Worcs and the third place side with a game in hand, they'll be fine. Problem starts when they get back in div 1. They have become a bit of a yoyo side these last few years. They are hopeful of getting Ajmal back next season...

I think you've got a good point. There are quite a few youngsters in the Worcs side and coming through - it will be interesting to see whether they carry on their development.

Poor from England this morning...Bowling was too short or too wide on a grean seamer. Prior dropped 2 catches... and i get pissed off with the knocking of Moeen Ali's spin bowling. On the first morning in his only over he finds the edge of Kohli's bat and Prior drops it. Its time Prior was dropped and lets pick a proper keeper. Not Butler either....

England let India get about a 100 too much, especially on that pitch yesterday.

Cook needs dropping and permanently being removed from the captaincy. His captaincy was poor yesterday and he looks like a complete shadow of the batsmen he was 3 years ago.

England let India get about a 100 too much, especially on that pitch yesterday.

Cook needs dropping and permanently being removed from the captaincy. His captaincy was poor yesterday and he looks like a complete shadow of the batsmen he was 3 years ago.

Its not doing anywhere near as much today. We should go past their score...I agree drop him and make Ian Bell captain and bring Cook back in the winter if he gets runs for Essex, which to be fair he was doing earlier in the seasom.

Bell needs a score as well. Its gone unnoticed how poor his form has been since last summer. Cook has taken the attention off that... They keep saying he's the best batsman, well he needs to prove it with a hundred in this innings..

Edited by PaulC

Bell's almost as bad as Cook impression is still on I see..

Niche so gut from the Warks man.

The ball that got him out was a jaffa to be fair.

I don't know what a jaffa is :(

I've only just got cows corner and gulley :-(

• Like 1

Haha! It's a very well delivered, unplayable ball.

Haha! It's a very well delivered, unplayable ball.

Slip. Edge. Willow. Nibble. Drive. Tea. Yorker. I kniw what they are too.

• Like 1

nonono.gif

Anyway great knock by Evans tonight, a few more of them and he might get a new contract.

England struggling yet again, not making the most of a pitch which is a decent batting track now. Considering India were scoring at 3 an over on a green top pitch and England are scoring at 2 and a bit on a decent batting pitch which speaks volumes about England at the moment.

No No No with Bell, he is the best batsman in England. His last 2 knocks were with the changed Ball at Notts which took 5 or 6 wickets in 25 overs, whilst every other ball in the match took 25 wickets in about 500 overs. The other being on a green oval pitch taking 16 wickets in 2 days. I think he is still in the top 20 run scores in the county championship this season, not bad considering he has only played about 4 or 5 games

May I ask how much of a difference the wickets/creases make?

On the live commentary all the ex pros and commentary team make a song and dance about the pitches. When you're lamping a ball 80+ mph... does it really matter if the ball spins off about 2/3 degrees?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â