Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

^^ Yes that would be a pity but didn't the same thing happen with Dominic Ostler and he ended up staying ?

re. Captains of England always being a batsman  - Wasn't Bob Willis captain for a while ?

Bob willis did indeed captain Warwickshire and England...Difference between Ostler and Evans is Ostler was a local lad who came through our academy. Evans we signed from Surrey and i can see him going back there... He was pissed off about Giles holding his career back by not picking him and now he's playing 2nd 11 cricket... With Trott in the side and the emergence of Hain they may think they can do without him...

I was talking about Evans with my mate at Edgbaston on Friday. He had a decent season last season and probably thought because of it he could hold out for more money but Warwickshire callled his bluff to see if he could continue it and he hasn't. As Paul says we know have more than adequate replacements for him especially with the emergence of Hain and Trott getting back to his best. 

Bob willis did indeed captain Warwickshire and England...

Did he? must have been very rare he captained Warwickshire - \i don't thin ke was ever the club captain, though maybe he stood in on occasion?

I was talking about Evans with my mate at Edgbaston on Friday. He had a decent season last season and probably thought because of it he could hold out for more money but Warwickshire callled his bluff to see if he could continue it and he hasn't. As Paul says we know have more than adequate replacements for him especially with the emergence of Hain and Trott getting back to his best. 

Yes personally I think he can get back to last seasons form and I'll be dissapointed to loose him. I think relying on an 18 year old to fill the gap is a little risky... Javid has struggled this season. Jim Troughton  had major surgery in January and came back but has had back problems again...What with Westwood, porterfield and an out of form Chopra we are not that flush for batsmen to allow Evans to leave...

Bob willis did indeed captain Warwickshire and England...

Did he? must have been very rare he captained Warwickshire - \i don't thin ke was ever the club captain, though maybe he stood in on occasion?

He was made county captain in 1980 and captained us to the sunday league title. I also know he was captain of the side in the 1984 b&h final. He captained England as well.

Actually just looked it up and he captained Warwickshire from 1980-84 and in that time played and captained England... No central contracts then. Players had to play for the counties in between tests....

• Like 1

What on earth is going on up there ! Barker 6 for 46 and has whipped out 2 more with Durham  following-on. Barker for England ????

A win would give Warks a  really good chance in the County Championship I reckon.

No Tour today so following this keenly.

What on earth is going on up there ! Barker 6 for 46 and has whipped out 2 more with Durham  following-on. Barker for England ????

A win would give Warks a  really good chance in the County Championship I reckon.

No Tour today so following this keenly.

I think you are right...A return to form for Barker. He has been bowling crap most of the season so good to see him back in form...Patel doing the business 2nd innings. A bowler short as well with Wright getting injured...

Amazing result that. It seems rare these days that a county will kind of fight once they're down and seemingly out. It's like all the one day cricket has caused the loss of the dig-in and just stay there type of batting there used to be a lot more of.

• Like 1

Amazing result that. It seems rare these days that a county will kind of fight once they're down and seemingly out. It's like all the one day cricket has caused the loss of the dig-in and just stay there type of batting there used to be a lot more of.

yes 100% agree, you get the fight in test cricket but not in county cricket much...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â