Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

We only have offspinners or legspinners we don't encourage bowlers to bowl the doosra. Over the years we haven't had many great spinners. To be fair Ajmal is a late developer. First I saw of him was in Pakistans infamous last series here. But he destroyed England in the UAE. Jeetan Patel has done well at warwickshire but he's not in the same league as Ajmal.

• Like 1

Just about to set off to Headingley. Come on England!

Enjoy!

You on the Western terrace?

No, I tend to try and avoid the nutters, I like to sit and watch what's going on with the cricket. Was in the football stand end, behind the bowlers arm. Not the most scintillating of play yesterday, but was nice to sit in the sun, with a few cold beers, and have a laugh with my mates. What a day at the cricket is all about. 

• Like 1

Enjoy!

No, I tend to try and avoid the nutters, I like to sit and watch what's going on with the cricket. Was in the football stand end, behind the bowlers arm. Not the most scintillating of play yesterday, but was nice to sit in the sun, with a few cold beers, and have a laugh with my mates. What a day at the cricket is all about. 

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

Glad you had a good time anyway mate, definitely need to get to Headingly to watch a game considering i've been to nearly every other test match ground.

On another note, what an appalling days cricket by England. Cook is going to be under serious pressure after this and rightly so.

Yep, can see us struggling to chase down what ever Sri Lanka get. Think they might even have enough all ready. Herath is gonna play a big part in the game, in the last innings. 

• Like 1

Stokes with 7 for 67 to bowl Sussex out today.

Yeah, I saw earlier he got a 5 fer. Nice to see him pick up a couple more. I think it was asked earlier, but who does he come in for, if they bring him back?

Squad: Woakes.

Team: Jordan.

I can see the first happening but the second would be a little unlikely straight away, I'd have thought.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be a lot of rest time between tests in the India series so perhaps there may be a bit of a 'squad' feel to selection?

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

I'm not sure how either would feel about rotation, but it's worth considering.

I doubt any of the bowlers would be in favour of it but looking at the schedule they have to play five tests in 41 days. The gaps between games are 3 days, 6 days, 6 days and 3 days. There could be some tired bowlers come the middle of August! Edited by snowychap

Yeah, they were saying on the commentary earlier, that Anderson and Broad are right up there for number of overs bowled, in the last 12 months. They've had some long spells in the last two matches too. Anderson especially is not as young as he used to be, so it's going to start taking it's toll on him. 

If you're not far away you could offer Aggers a bed for the night.

link

"I'm up the Khyber as I checked out of the hotel this morning, to save the licence fee-payers money, and now the hotels are full."

• Like 1

If you're not far away you could offer Aggers a bed for the night.

link

"I'm up the Khyber as I checked out of the hotel this morning, to save the licence fee-payers money, and now the hotels are full."

About an hour up the road.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â