Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

First things first - I'm not good at cricket.  I know VERY little about the game, but since I went to a couple of Warwickshire 20/20s last year and finals day, I've really gotten to like it.

I watched the England 1 dayer on Saturday, I was absolutely convinced Buttler was going to win it for us, such a shame he got out in an absolutely key over.

Bell played absolutely awful - 7 runs from a good batsman is not good..

Anderson - Ceral man? Are you even kidding me right now????

Buttlers first 100 very nearly came at the perfect moment.

Malinga - first time I saw him.. If you're a traditionalist, you're going to hate him, he's had tests done and he hasn't got the spherical movement in his arm to bowl normally - maybe we should let the game makers decide?? Still extremely weird to watch though.

Then - I've got myself a Bears 20/20 season ticket - I was pissed when the game against the yorkshire vikings was called off because they did it at 19;00 and it hadn't rained for 45 minutes... they totally should have played at least 10 overs each.

Then we go an play pretty badly up in Lancashire, that young black guy - forgot his name - went out for a quack quack :(

Hopefully this Friday the team will show up.

But I've got some questions;

What are Warwickshire good/bad at?

Obviously trott/bell/Rankin are our good players, when not with england - who else is good?

Where are we in terms of the whole t20 league?

We got an abandoned match and a loss so far, but are we decent, shit? whats going on? :D

First things first - I'm not good at cricket.  I know VERY little about the game, but since I went to a couple of Warwickshire 20/20s last year and finals day, I've really gotten to like it.

I watched the England 1 dayer on Saturday, I was absolutely convinced Buttler was going to win it for us, such a shame he got out in an absolutely key over.

Bell played absolutely awful - 7 runs from a good batsman is not good..

Anderson - Ceral man? Are you even kidding me right now????

Buttlers first 100 very nearly came at the perfect moment.

Malinga - first time I saw him.. If you're a traditionalist, you're going to hate him, he's had tests done and he hasn't got the spherical movement in his arm to bowl normally - maybe we should let the game makers decide?? Still extremely weird to watch though.

Then - I've got myself a Bears 20/20 season ticket - I was pissed when the game against the yorkshire vikings was called off because they did it at 19;00 and it hadn't rained for 45 minutes... they totally should have played at least 10 overs each.

Then we go an play pretty badly up in Lancashire, that young black guy - forgot his name - went out for a quack quack :(

Hopefully this Friday the team will show up.

But I've got some questions;

What are Warwickshire good/bad at?

Obviously trott/bell/Rankin are our good players, when not with england - who else is good?

Where are we in terms of the whole t20 league?

We got an abandoned match and a loss so far, but are we decent, shit? whats going on? :D

What are Warwickshire good/bad at? We've got some very good bowlers who dig us out of trouble most of the time. Batsmen when they click as a unit can be decent.

Obviously trott/bell/Rankin are our good players, when not with england - who else is good?- Chopra, Woakes, Barker, Troughton and Patel.

Where are we in terms of the whole t20 league? Middle to the bottom of the group stages as we are nearly every year. Like the Aston Villa of T20.

We got an abandoned match and a loss so far, but are we decent, shit? whats going on?  :D- Average.

Hope that helps.  :D

• Like 1

annnnnd Morgans been caught! ffs, whenever I go on the beeb there's a wicket.

at least buttlers on, although he'll probably go back to his average best now.

Get off the beeb then!  :D

Edited by Avfc96

Lapal have you been on the beeb again?

Buttler run out backing up.

Had he been warned?

Yes, but he pretty much wandered out of his crease rather than trying to sneak a run. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â