Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Yes they were looking ok then three wickets in two overs has turned the game completely.

Pitch inspectors as well so Notts could end up with less points than they started

Good to see Wright back in form after overcoming a difficult back problem

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

First win of the season, get in. 

Hopefully for Woakes he is contention come May when England get going again. Deserves another go at top level international cricket.

needs some runs I think. 

First win of the season, get in. 

Hopefully for Woakes he is contention come May when England get going again. Deserves another go at top level international cricket.

I think he's behind Stokes, and Bresnan (who I would say is a bowler that can bat a bit, rather than an all rounder) in the pecking order now. Not sure on how fit Stokes is at the moment though, so he may get a chance. I think his batting looked OK against Aus last Summer, but he didn't look much threat as a wicket taker and went for a few, which may hinder him. 

Good start for Worcs too - see how their batting holds up tomorrow.

400 runs in the day, Ali out on 99. I think the batting held up! :)

I hope Moeen can follow up last season's form and is not overlooked for England.

I hope so. Hope he isn't tarnished by association with the T20 side. Though, Robson, Ballance and even Compton are all scoring well with the bat too. Think he'll have to look at the limited overs side first, but it'd be nice to see him in there. The spin option should help him.

I remember at Derby in 2006 when the players were warming up before a one day game. Moeen Ali and Jim Troughton were both bowling spinners and I was surprised by the amount of spin he was applying to the ball. Obviously no Swann but his bowling has come on a lot and it helps to have the world greatest offspinner around. I think he's the most naturally gifted batsman i have seen come through the Warwickshire academy. Obviously Bell is better because he has a better allround game but I have not seen too many players just pick the ball off a length like he does. He has taken far too long to reach this level. 

Another young lad I met a few years ago as a 15 year old was Ameesh Kapil. Not sure why Worcester let him go he looked a real talent.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Right; just going down to Warks for the first time this season; looks like being a low scoring game and we seem to have lost the initiative after bowling pretty well.

Important question; why does wife need to put make-up on to go to a cricket match ? 

Right; just going down to Warks for the first time this season; looks like being a low scoring game and we seem to have lost the initiative after bowling pretty well.

Important question; why does wife need to put make-up on to go to a cricket match ? 

Decent day to go. A ton a piece for Patel and Ambrose, and the Bears well on course for another win.   

Another win for You Bears. This time with an innings to spare. Patel gets a ton, and takes 4 wickets in their second innings. Nice haul. 

Good to see Stoneman get a ton up at Durham too. Less said about Sanakkara's second ball duck the better! Bit of an odd choice for him to be honest, coming to play up here. Especially this time of year. Think he'll struggle in north east conditions. Only a short term contract though, and I'm sure he's making a few quid. 

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as we seem to be upsetting people in other threads, I'll ask this here. Is it worth giving Chris Jordan a go in the test side? He bowled well today, and was more than decent with the bat too. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â