Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Moores reappointed England coach, wrong move. Wasn't that good first time around, only won one out of twelve matches against either South Africa, India and Sri Lanka and even that match he won was a dead rubber against South Africa.

• Like 1

I'm unsure about Moores. I was hoping to get Gary Kirsten, but obviously he's already ruled himself out. Think this is a bit of a backwards step, and it seems that the ECB have gone for a man who won't rock the boat and shake things up too much. Unfortunately that's exactly what the England team needs at the moment. 

• Like 2

When Moores was first appointed I thought it was the right choice, as he was the man mainly respsonsible for building a small county with no winning history into a team of multiple championship winners, Sussex. With Pieterson out of the way he now has more of a chance of succeeding. Time will tell!

Went to watch Durham today. Graham Onions really is a class act. Would love to see him get another chance with England. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

So the Bears are on the brink of beating Lancs, and they've had to come off for bad light? By all accounts it's not even that dark.  :angry: Pisses me right off, when they could easily play on!

Yes 5 overs left. One might argue that they knew the light was closing in so they could have showed a bit more intent earlier on. Easy to say when you're not out there though. Anderson, Chappel and Kerrigan are high quality bowlers.

If there is any justice Chopra should open for England (I hope he doesn't - deprives Warks of another class player).

Anyone know where Boyd Rankin was ?

He's injured. Not long away from returning though!

If there is any justice Chopra should open for England (I hope he doesn't - deprives Warks of another class player).

He's had few good knocks for the Lions, including a ton against Australia A, so I'm guessing he may get a chance at some point. 

Yes I just don't think Chopra is quite good enough for test cricket myself. There's an opportunity this summer though if Root doesn't open. 

I would agree with that. I do like Chopra, but like yourself I'm not sure he'll be up to Test standard. Time will tell, I suppose. 

Edited by dAVe80

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â