Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I think his England career was over anyway, but it is nice to see some honesty from someone involved in the Ashes down under. I guess the ECB will not be taking to kindly to this at all, what a shame.  :D

Yes they always seem to loose in semis but guess they are still the no.1 test nation in the world. India v Sri Lanka was the expected final really. Last one for Dilshan, Sangakarra and Jawawardene so would be nice to see them win but I think India will win.

I said at the start of the tournament, India and Sri Lanka to top their groups, that'll be the final and India will win.

I didn't put money on it. So come on Sri Lanka!

Massive congratulations to Sri Lanka. Brilliant effort in the final to beat an excellent Indian side. Pleased for Sankkara and Jayawardene too. Great way to sign off.

• Like 1

Yes really pleased for those two. They haven't retired from test cricket yet though so we should see them one last time in England. Yuvraj though sucked the life out of any momentum Kohli had given India in their innings. It was a match losing innings.

Edited by PaulC

This is probably a really dumb question but here goes.

I've just read that joe root has signed a 2yr deal with Yorkshire, why do county clubs sign international's as they never actually play for them once they are given a central contract. In terms of salary, are county clubs some how reimbursed by the ECB?

Edited by av1

I've just read that joe root has signed a 2yr deal with Yorkshire, why do county clubs sign international's as they never actually play for them once they are given a central contract. In terms of salary, are county clubs some how reimbursed by the ECB?

I believe that if a player has an incremental contract with the ECB, most likely your ODI and T20 players, they are paid a percentage of their county salary by the ECB and the rest is made up by the counties as they are able to still play in a fair amount of county games.

Whereas, if a player has a central contract as Joe Root has then he is fully paid by the ECB and is paid nothing by his county. This is as he is told when he can play for Yorkshire by the ECB.

I believe that if a player has an incremental contract with the ECB, most likely your ODI and T20 players, they are paid a percentage of their county salary by the ECB and the rest is made up by the counties as they are able to still play in a fair amount of county games.

Whereas, if a player has a central contract as Joe Root has then he is fully paid by the ECB and is paid nothing by his county. This is as he is told when he can play for Yorkshire by the ECB.

makes sence, thanks for the explanation pal.

I think the players wages  on incremental contracts are paid for by their counties but the counties receive compensation when they are away on England duty. I know there are some financial compensation for playing young english players under a certain age as well. I know that because Naquash Tahir  has found it difficult to get a contract with a county since he got to a certain age.

• Like 1

You always get some ridiculously low scores this time of year. Terrible start for the Bears though.

Looking forward to watching some live cricket next week. Gonna take myself off to watch Durham play Somerset. Not quite like watching Warwickshire, but I do have a soft spot for my adopted county.

Edited by dAVe80

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â