Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I went to the Phoenix game last night. Birmingham were absolutely mullered and it was clear what was going to happen right from the end of their power play. 

Barely had time to eat my £10 chips (1 tray was minuscule so needed 2) and a single £7 pint before they smashed our total. 

All in all a ludicrously expensive way to watch your team get battered. 

I noticed none of the queues at the bar were big. I wonder if they're losing money by pricing themselves out. 

52 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I went to the Phoenix game last night. Birmingham were absolutely mullered and it was clear what was going to happen right from the end of their power play. 

Barely had time to eat my £10 chips (1 tray was minuscule so needed 2) and a single £7 pint before they smashed our total. 

All in all a ludicrously expensive way to watch your team get battered. 

I noticed none of the queues at the bar were big. I wonder if they're losing money by pricing themselves out. 

Phoenix are crap and i would question Ali's ability as a captain as the Bears were doing well without him and went downhill when he was captain.

TI agree the prices at Edgbaston are ridiculous. You expect to pay more at sporting events, concerts etc but i think the British public are being ripped off.

I took this pic at this years T20 Finals day, look at the two tier prices and theres a big difference for members and they are still making a profit at those members prices. Sheer profiteering, 

Drinking Guinness all day at T20 Finals day....nearly a £100....what a sting!!!!

spacer.png

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1

Another cracker in the 100 tonight 

Chasing 190 to win , Spirit  needed 17 off the last 5

3 off the first 2 balls so it looked all over but   then a  6 off the third  ball , the fourth  ball cleared the boundary for a “6 “ but before it landed  the fielder managed  to dive across and push it back into play so it became 2 , so 6 required off the last ball

decent delivery so only a single and game over , except Curran had  bowled a no ball , so it became 3 off the last ball and a free hit 

Curran then cleaned bowled Wood off that delivery so Oval win 

cracking game 

Edited by tonyh29

Great game, am I missing something though. Shouldn’t it have been 4 to win off the free hit? They ran a single and had a no ball when there was six to win, I kept thinking they would correct the scoreboard as surely running three off the last would have meant a tie?

46 minutes ago, mole86 said:

Great game, am I missing something though. Shouldn’t it have been 4 to win off the free hit? They ran a single and had a no ball when there was six to win, I kept thinking they would correct the scoreboard as surely running three off the last would have meant a tie?

2 runs for the no ball and they ran 1 ) arguably could have run 2 but they thought the game was over , luckily the fielder  didn’t as he dived to save a 4 ) 

Edited by tonyh29

54 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Zaman khan has a joke action.

Absolutely chucking it.

How's that allowed?

It's the same as Malinga. Straight arm but side-arm action. I'm all for it, more weird actions the better!

26 minutes ago, Milfner said:

It's the same as Malinga. Straight arm but side-arm action. I'm all for it, more weird actions the better!

Malinga had a double jointed shoulder joint!

What's this guy's excuse?

He's delivering flat balls from 5ft high, how's a batter meant to do anything with them?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Malinga had a double jointed shoulder joint!

What's this guy's excuse?

He's delivering flat balls from 5ft high, how's a batter meant to do anything with them?

He went for 42 off 20 for no wickets a couple games back... 

On 23/08/2023 at 20:49, Xela said:

Sooner the Hundred is over the better. 

Surrey have won it , so its over now 

Great final with lots of twists , but Tom Curran was the difference between the sides 

Sad to hear about the death of former bear Heath Streak who played a key part in the 2004 championship winning side. Met him on his final day Edgbaston in 2005. Top.man and very fine cricketer. Much too young to die.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â