Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Ah well.  That's that.  Only tiny glimmer would have come with both Stokes and Root going big. 

Speaking of big does anyone else think Bairstow is looking way too chunky for a professional sportsman? Obviously not in John McGinn territory but just slightly obese? 

You can even see moobs through his jumper for gawds sake. 

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder if once this test is won, we'll start to hear the Australians complain about this England team - it's really poor sport, we're not even giving them a game.

Winning is fun, but this is a heavyweight boxing contest between Tyson Fury and Michael McIntyre - at some point you want a better contest.

On a side note, thats about the only boxing match up that I'd genuinely pay money to see :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

What a sad, sad sack of shit our team is.  Buttler might as well go into T20 mode now.

Yes he might as well. 

I had mentally accepted we were going to at least make them bat again a while ago but I just can't see it now.  So embarrassing. 

For all their their batters are superior, their bowlers are also so much better than ours.  They can all take wickets and all keep it tight. 

The England batters have almost nothing to play at. 

This is surely the last Ashes for Anderson and probably Broad as well or certainly should be. 

Where do we go with the bowling attack from here? Archer isn't good enough on those rare occasions when he's not injured, he's a busted flush. 

There is another duck. 

We're awful. To submit so meekly is a disgrace, at least make them take the Ashes not stroll to them casually. 

Edited by sidcow

The worst England batting line up I can remember, and I can remember back to Chris Tavare.

We need to burn this set-up down; the management, the coaches and the team and start again.

This group are shameful, a dark blot on the already fairly blotty history of English cricket.

When they come back, the nation should gather and throw fruit at them as they depart the plane - give them bats if you like, it's not like they'll be able to fend any of it off.

I feel bad for Joe Root that he was born here - he doesn't belong with this shambles.

• Like 1

We're averaging under 200 over six innings. We're yet to score 300. 

They won the first test by 9 wickets.

They won the second test by 275 runs.

They've won the third test by an innings and 14 runs - and they only scored 267!

We haven't even given them a game, we've not warmed them up, we're not competing, we've provided no entertainment, we're shite.

Well played Australia - sorry about the team we sent out, we've let you down.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

The worst England batting line up I can remember, and I can remember back to Chris Tavare.

We need to burn this set-up down; the management, the coaches and the team and start again.

This group are shameful, a dark blot on the already fairly blotty history of English cricket.

When they come back, the nation should gather and throw fruit at them as they depart the plane - give them bats if you like, it's not like they'll be able to fend any of it off.

I feel bad for Joe Root that he was born here - he doesn't belong with this shambles.

To be fair I think Root's captaincy has been a big problem too, even though he finished with about 1200 more runs this year than our next best batsman, he has to be judged on that too.

• Like 1

There can't be any of this bullshit "need to learn" "need to stop making mistakes" etc bullshit. This needs a root and branch examination of the future of England Test Cricket. They're clearly paying way too much attention to the short from. 

You can go to Australia and get beat, it's hard.  But this innings was the chance to at least strive to put up a game, make them actually have to win with difficulty but this was the 8th lowest total ever against Australia, it isn't just an everyday oh well defeat. 3 tests and 2 won by an innings, another with no total to aim for. 

It's not even a competition. 

Something is desperately wrong and it's hard to see where it's going to get better with what we've got left. 

I still don't understand the treatment of Woakes from a purely batting perspective. He'll bat better than most of that crappy middle order. Bairstow looks like the size of a house. 

It's just horrible. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I still don't understand the treatment of Woakes from a purely batting perspective. He'll bat better than most of that crappy middle order. 

He's better than our openers on the evidence of this series.

Our opening partnerships in this Ashes series are our lowest since 1876.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's better than our openers on the evidence of this series.

Our opening partnerships in this Ashes series are our lowest since 1876.

To be fair the openers have been an issue for us for ages now all over the world and at home. 

Again, it's hard to see where we can go with that.  So yeah, why not give Woakes a go? Literally none of the combinations they have tried look any good. 

At least normally the middle order can put something together but when you've got openers getting next to zero, almost no one in middle order able to get to to 50 with 100 a pipedream and the tail incapable of more than 2 or 3 runs you're only going out there as cannon fodder. 

Even when Australia have bowling injuries they just have a plethora of other bowlers to bring in and tear us to pieces. 

Unless someone invents a time machine and stops Sky from taking test cricket off TV, I don't see how to fix the issue. There are less and less people interested in cricket, and it's showing now, as our talent pool is more of a talent puddle

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Christ, the dashing blade, never a dull moment with him at the crease. Watched him grind 70 odd against India once, took him around 4 days. Put me off cricket for years 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â