Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

• 2 weeks later...

So I got some Ashes tickets for Trent Bridge today. B)  Will be my first visit in a few years, and I've not been since it was rebuilt. Wasn't able to make the Edgbaston test, so glad to be seeing some Ashes cricket next year at least. 

Also managed to do something very embarrassing in the process of sorting them, which I may tell on another thread, as I think it probably deserves a bigger audience than this thread.

The Aussies get beat by Pakistan in the first test in UAE, without their two best bowlers as well.

Put a smile on my face. Australia have got an awful recent record in Asia, maybe we could play the next Ashes there!

Edited by dAVe80

Except the last time we played there Dave we lost 3-0

Yeah last time we played Pakistan in UAE was terrible, but I was talking more about how bad Australia have been overall in Asia recently. I think I read they've lost 9 or 10 of the last 14 tests played on Asian soil. 

Cricket is a really wierd phase at the moment, in that there is no dominant team. Austrailia have had a mini resurgence but are struggling in Asia, South Africa were recently beaten by Aus at home and still haven't won an ICC tournament and then you have England who are struggling and India who have only won one test match abroad in the last 3 years and that was against England at Lords.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Phil Hughes is in a critical condition in hospital after being hit by a short ball in a Shield game in Sydney.

He didn't go straight down with the hit but was on his haunches for about 5 seconds before falling flat on his face. He had to be revived twice at the ground and Cricket NSW could not confirm if he was alive when he left the field. They flew in ICU doctors on a helicopter to assist.

Pretty grim :(

He was 63 not out and in the box seat to take the injured Michael Clarke's spot in the upcoming first test against India. Now what, maybe a Jules Bianchi type situation? Jesus Christ :(

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â