Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Also forgot to mention I saw Jeets and Ambrose after the game in the pub.

Jeets was absolutely devastated. I told him he bowled a great spell but he said he was disappointed that he didn't take more wickets!

Edit: One complaint about yesterday - thought it was surprising that Javid didn't bowl a few overs. I know he doesn't turn the ball much, but the seamers were leaking runs and I think if we could've got a few quick overs in off him it could've really put some more pressure on them.

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 2

Also forgot to mention I saw Jeets and Ambrose after the game in the pub.

Jeets was absolutely devastated. I told him he bowled a great spell but he said he was disappointed that he didn't take more wickets!

Edit: One complaint about yesterday - thought it was surprising that Javid didn't bowl a few overs. I know he doesn't turn the ball much, but the seamers were leaking runs and I think if we could've got a few quick overs in off him it could've really put some more pressure on them.

Jeets was brilliant yesterday, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have got anywhere near to beating Durham.

Does anyone now when Jeets is contracted to? He has been superb this year and hopefully we don't lose him next year to another county.

• Like 1

England have announced their squad for the ODI series in Sri Lanka-

Taylor comes in for Ballance and Bopara is added to the squad.

But Cook still remains as captain  :bang:  :bang:  :rant:

Think they will go with something like this in Sri Lanka

Cook ©

Hales

Ali

Root

Morgan

Butler

Bopara

Woakes

Tredwell

Finn

Anderson

Taylor probably won't play even though he should.

Rest of the squad- Taylor, Bell, Stokes, Jordan, Gurney.

Edited by Avfc96

They're just so stubborn with Cook. They know he's not right but they are too scared to change it and be proven wrong by sticking with it.  They are not looking to win the world cup, just not be embarassed.

I figure your side is about right AVC96. I figure they may bat Bell at 3 but then where does Mooen bat because they will pick 2 spinners + Ravi. Maybe its between Root, Bell and Taylor for that one batting spot. Stokes for Woakes possibly. 

• Like 1

Bell should be further down I reckon, when he was swinging 78 against India in the ODI we won the other week, he looked much better.

Being at 3 slows him down I think.

Just my 2 pennies :)

No way Bell will bat lower than 3. 4,5,6, are all as good as nailed down by Moores and the ECB.

On another note, spent the afternoon at Edgbaston today watching us absolutely batter Durham, but I missed the last wicket because I had to go to the toilet.  :rant:  :bang:

Bell should be further down I reckon, when he was swinging 78 against India in the ODI we won the other week, he looked much better.

Being at 3 slows him down I think.

Just my 2 pennies :)

No way Bell will bat lower than 3. 4,5,6, are all as good as nailed down by Moores and the ECB.

On another note, spent the afternoon at Edgbaston today watching us absolutely batter Durham, but I missed the last wicket because I had to go to the toilet.  :rant:  :bang:

Some pride restored for me, giving them such as thrashing after last weekend. I await the excuses that "it's a meaningless end of season game", and "we were still pissed from the One Day Cup celebrations" from my Durham based friends. :rolleyes:  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well the season may have finished but it is still all happening.

Jeetan Patel extends his contract with Warks - Excellent !

The self-effacing Pieterson blames Prior for unrest and attempts to lift the lid on dressing-room atmosphere.  

But the really bad news is that Ashley Giles maybe going to Lancashire.

Lancashire !!! Of all counties.

It seems to me like the loner v the popular ones. Everywhere has that kind of division and it takes quality man managers to make it work otherwise it turns out to be a complete nightmare. The ECB have clearly not been able or willing to do it and KP is too egotistical to have just taken it on the chin and got on with it.

I just find it all a bit sad, that people who played such a big part in a golden era for English cricket, can't keep it private. KP is obviously a man scorned, and I kind of see why he'd start lashing out, after being hung out to dry by the ECB, but it really does make me wish he could wait until everyone has retired from the game, before he starts putting the boot in.  

Edited by dAVe80

I just find it all a bit sad, that people who played such a big part in a golden era for English cricket, can't keep it private. KP is obviously a man scorned, and I kind of see why he'd start lashing out, after being hung out to dry by the ECB, but it really does make me wish he could wait until everyone has retired from the game, before he starts putting the boot in.  

Yes I listened to the 5 live interview with KP today. He's not the self confident person that we assume. He was very nervous before he came out to bat. He thought Prior and Swann were particulary harsh on young players when fielding. There was a instance when Trott blew his top with Prior. Two sides to every story I know but its ashame its come to this. No doubt KP was the greatest batsman England have had since maybe Boycott and maybe things could have been managed better. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â