Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

On the subject of non-white players playing for England in any form of international cricket I can think of a few-

Bopara, Ali, Panesar, Carberry, Butcher, Tudor, Mascharanes, Shahzad, Jordan, Patel, Khan, Mahmood, Shah, Rashid.

and Basil Dolivera who was probably the first non white and was picked the England tour of South Africa i think in 69 and eventually caused the absence of test cricket for South Africa because of Apartheid.

My knowledge only goes back so far.

But yes, I should have remembered Dolivera and the consequences as a result for South Africa.

What's the representation of black players playing cricket in England? Jordan seems to be the first I've seen in ages (if ever?)

Well there's been Carberry recently in the test side. Then there's Phil DeFreitas, Devon Malcolm, Gladstone Small etc. 

Sid Lawrence, the late Wilf Slack, Norman Cowans, the imprisoned Chris Lewis, Ricky Elcock and so on but the numbers over the years probably aren't huge.

I can't say too much about what the case is in today's county game, tbh, as I hardly follow it.

I guess there's more than I realised. For some reason I couldn't think of any when I posed the question. Completely forgot about Carberry (since he was part of the Ashes series here ( :blush:)).

On the subject of non-white players playing for England in any form of international cricket I can think of a few-

Bopara, Ali, Panesar, Carberry, Butcher, Tudor, Mascharanes, Shahzad, Jordan, Patel, Khan, Mahmood, Shah, Rashid.

Dean Headley.

Dean Headley.

Alleyne, Solanki, Afzaal, Kabir Ali...

• Like 1

Dean Headley.

Alleyne, Solanki, Afzaal, Kabir Ali...

Yes cousin of Moeen. Very good bowler but injuries have caught up with him.

At the Stoke (away) game, I was sat next to three Asians one of whom claimed to be the uncle of Ateeq  Javid . So - an ideal combination  - Villa fan and Warks fan.

Pity it was a crap performance - but not as bad as Sunday !!

Incidentally, I can't see England beating Sri Lanka tomorrow - think I'll watch the cycling on Eurosport. 

At the Stoke (away) game, I was sat next to three Asians one of whom claimed to be the uncle of Ateeq  Javid . So - an ideal combination  - Villa fan and Warks fan.

Pity it was a crap performance - but not as bad as Sunday !!

Incidentally, I can't see England beating Sri Lanka tomorrow - think I'll watch the cycling on Eurosport. 

Good to know another Warwickshire player is a villa fan. That makes Bell, Woakes and Ateeq

Clarke, Trott are  spurs, Troughton Man U,, Westwood, Blues. 

Yes I agree. I can't see us beating Sri Lanka. I see them as one of the favs. Important to win the toss and bowl first because of the dew. Sri Lanka's bowling with the exception  of Malinga is pretty crap. Everybody should be able to play Mendis by now

That was truly dreafull from England. Ok the third umpire got it wrong with Jawardene's first ball but to bowl as crap as we did and to drop 4 catches is unforgiveable. Jawardene is a class act and 2 hours to bowl 20 overs is a total joke. In English t20 you get 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Edited by PaulC

Hales doing well too, big fan of his. (as I type Jayawardene has just dropped him). Morgan past 50 as well too. Need 77 from 39.

Did just see this tweeted, unbelievably poor.

Worst Economy Rates since Jan 2012 in T20Is (minimum 40 ovs)

9.04 Jade Dernbach

9.03 Tim Bresnan

8.95 Thisara Perera

8.84 Tim Southee

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â