Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Seems likely that Ballance will get the nod to bat at 6 and Root likely to step up and bat at 3. The well respected cricket journalist who used to write for the post George Dobell suggests as much and George is rarely wrong except for his views on Jim Troughton :angry:

So its not just muscle. No wickets in the 2nd innings against a side that has barely played any first class cricket. Does not look good for England if Bresnan is our saviour.

Edited by PaulC

Bell and Carberry failed think Prior as well. Its confidence fully gone though in Prior case I never felt he was that great even when England were No.1

I think Prior might be dropped after this series with Buttler bought in for the summer.

Problem is Butler didn't even keep wicket for Somerset in first class cricket but guess he will for Lancashire. These warm up games count for little really! I think they are making a mistake if they push Root to 3, he had his problems opening the batting in the summer and he was looking ok at 6. Bell wants to bat at 3, he has the experience and he should bat at 3.

Problem is Butler didn't even keep wicket for Somerset in first class cricket but guess he will for Lancashire. These warm up games count for little really! I think they are making a mistake if they push Root to 3, he had his problems opening the batting in the summer and he was looking ok at 6. Bell wants to bat at 3, he has the experience and he should bat at 3.

Buttler has kept well for England though.

odi and t20 is a bit different to test cricket though and his record in first class cricket with the bat isn't very good. Very inferior to Prior. I'd go with Stephen Davies myself. Class batsman and good keeper. 

I only ever watch the ashes and im far from an expert but if i had to bet id put my money on aus winning this series 3/4-1, really think were going to be far too easy to bowl out to take the series and not just because of the first test we were extremely average in the summer too but we were saved by bell and poor aussie batting.

I only ever watch the ashes and im far from an expert but if i had to bet id put my money on aus winning this series 3/4-1, really think were going to be far too easy to bowl out to take the series and not just because of the first test we were extremely average in the summer too but we were saved by bell and poor aussie batting.

I agree to an extent, the Aussies just seem to want to win it more and are more determined. England just seem to think that they will turn up and win, like the Aussies did to us for 20+ years. But the Aussies had a very strong 11 and excellent reserves. England don't have that.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â