Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Brilliant. Inspired by Broad. Silenced his critics with an outstanding bowling display.

3-0 after 4 tests and we haven't played consistently well yet! Sign of a very good team  :)

Brilliant. Inspired by Broad. Silenced his critics with an outstanding bowling display.

3-0 after 4 tests and we haven't played consistently well yet! Sign of a very good team  :)

Or a sign of an extremely poor Australian side.

Gotta love Geoff and his views on Twenty20

1. _60303356_gb.jpg 
    Geoffrey Boycott, Ex-England batsman on BBC Test Match Special

"This match was a wonderful advert for Test cricket, today in particular. Anyone who tells me Twenty20's better than this is an idiot. England were under pressure, looking in trouble, and Broad was outstanding. Bell's hundred was lovely, but I think Broad would be my man of the match. Nothing was going for them, Warner was going well, then Broad bowled Clarke an absolute peach."

• _60303356_gb.jpgGeoffrey Boycott, Ex-England batsman on BBC Test Match Special

"This match was a wonderful advert for Test cricket, today in particular. Anyone who tells me Twenty20's better than this is an idiot. England were under pressure, looking in trouble, and Broad was outstanding. Bell's hundred was lovely, but I think Broad would be my man of the match. Nothing was going for them, Warner was going well, then Broad bowled Clarke an absolute peach."

Gotta love Boycott..... If you disagree he'll give you a right smack around the earhole. ... If you're a girl. Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 1

he's right though, can't get into 20-20myself, it's just not cricket

Yeah, the dumbing down of cricket FTL.

This game, the drama of today and the last 4 days. This was cricket. Superb stuff.

• Like 1

he's right though, can't get into 20-20myself, it's just not cricket

Yeah, the dumbing down of cricket FTL.

This game, the drama of today and the last 4 days. This was cricket. Superb stuff.

Spot on, with games this good you don't want them to end.

• Like 1

• _60303356_gb.jpgGeoffrey Boycott, Ex-England batsman on BBC Test Match Special

Gotta love Boycott..... If you disagree he'll give you a right smack around the earhole. ... If you're a girl.

The trick is not to disagree with him

So now with the ashes officially won rather than drew, will we see a couple of changes for the final test? I'm all for allowing players time to bed in, but think it would be beneficial to have others some experience should injury hit. Would like Chopra from Warks given a chance, whether that sees Root moved back down to six instead of Bairstow or just a like for like replacement.

Would have to say the bowlers he won us this series, but player of series surely had to be Ian Bell? Know doubt we'll see him come out at VP one game this season

Wow! What a day! Still feeling a bit drunk, and got some massive cider heartburn, but all worth it! That's got to be the best game of cricket I've ever been to! Amazing! Great banter with the Aussies in the crowd too. I bloody love test cricket! 

• Like 2

dont mind 20/20 as think its helpful for the smaller nations to get into the sport and can be a bit more competitive on that stage.

as for the game just wow. Khawaja was just out when I left work, got home and was down to last man. Brilliant from Broad but surely Australia have better players than Khawaja, Smith Hughes, Cowan, and maybe even Watson 

no its not but the fact that they are struggling this year to get past 400 against a couple of mediocre teams shows their is batting problems. 

only so many times your bowlers can bail you out

A number of negative post from you Zatman. We're 2-0 up after 3 matches against the Aussies. The batsmen will come good again... form is temporary, class is permanent and Cook, Trook, Prior etc are undoubtedly class. 

Isnt it better to offer contstructive criticism when on top ;) 

The only one of those that theres a real question mark over is Bairstow, the others will recover form.

Bairstow and Root need exposure, they are getting it, If we're going to make changes for the final test its some of the Bowlers I reckon and maybe Bell that should be rested, the rest of them need time on the pitch.

If those mentioned don't need a rest I'd go unchanged there's no point in blooding youngsters only discard them when they aren't instant successes, England did that for far too long, whilst other nations kept faith with those that they knew had ability. If we were like the previous Aussie side with many ageing players then yes sure, I'd bring in some fresh faces at this point but we aren't. I don't think we've reached the point yet where Root for example isn't considered good enough (may be tempted to drop him down the order though), Bairstow deserves at least one more game where theres no pressure at all to prove he has something

Bell must be kept in the team and not rested.  He's the only top order batsman with any stickability, so if you want the likes of Root or Trott to rediscover some form, you need him to play to ensure some sort of stability.

I think Cook, Trook, Pietersook, Priook and Bairstook all need to up their game!

and if they don't, I'd be tempted to give call ups to Hugh, Pugh and Barney McGrew .... :P

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â