Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

fair point, my question was can i improve it. Ill give Tasker a go.

If you use an auto task killer, uninstall it. Let Android sort itself out.

Put the power widget on the home screen and turn BT, wifi and GPS off unless when you need to use them.

Keep the screen as dim as possible - the screen is the main draw.

Charge fully using the mains every night.

Don't fiddle too much ;)

Im changing phone already need to get live updates for travel etc ....is the zte blade too cheap?

A friend of mine got it for his GF. He said it's as good as his Moto Milestone minus the hard qwerty keys. The amount of phone you get for the money is astounding.

i think my battery wasnt as bad as first expected. Had one day at work when it was dead by home time and another when i had about 80% battery remaining. Both days id done very little on it. I think it may be something to do with changing between a 2g and 3g signal a lot as were right on a cut off area.

The phone having to search for signal or constantly dropping down is a disaster for battery life, it will absolutely rape it due to the radio being constantly in use.

If you know you're in an area where 3g reception is poor and it has to keep dropping down set up a tasker profile to automatically switch off 3g in that area, you'll get way more battery life then.

good lord ....Android newby but I went and changed/deleted gmail account I used to set up the phone had to do a hard reset to enter another and now market wont open have server error also gmail calender wont sync if it related at all

A friend of mine got it for his GF. He said it's as good as his Moto Milestone minus the hard qwerty keys. The amount of phone you get for the money is astounding.

ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco = same phone. I'm sure I read on Hot UK Deals over the weekend that Argos have these for £99 inc £10 top up. I can't praise my handset enough. Only slight downside is that the battery can be a bit mental at times. Sometimes seems to stand up to loads of abuse and lasts forever, other times seems to go in no time at all but I guess this is down to 3G usage and maybe a rogue app.

Picked up a Samsung Galaxy Europa for 60 euro. Unwanted gift. Think it's a steal at that price. Think I might use it when on I'd rather not bring my galaxy s somewhere. Nights out possibly.

Also it's smaller too and probably has good battery life.

Yeah that looks good, but I want bigger than 4inch screen.

There's a new Samsung phone that's US only that is supposed to have a the new S-AMOLED screen which is supposed to be jawdroppingly good. I'd assume it'll be on the SGS2. Which will be a Q2 release too.

US only stuff is not interesting to me though. Mind you its odd as I was always of the understanding that Europe tended to have better (read: more high tech) phones than the USA, but we are both miles behind Japan and Korea. One thing I have came to understand in these last six months or so is how much Canada get **** on phones, they get everything after the US and the UK. What's the situation in the Republic of Ireland?

We get everything at the same time as the UK. For example Samsung UK & Ireland are the ones who make the press releases about updates for my phone.

I'd assume most manufacturers will have their flagship handsets out before the iPhone 5.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â