Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I'm not loading up a custom rom as 2.2.1 is shit hot. Mega kudos to Samsung (and I'd assume Google) for that update. Really takes advantage of the raw power of the Hummingbird.

Though haven't been able to connect to kies since, any idea about that dirk? You loaded up 2.2.1 before you lod your phone.

TBH mate, I abandoned Kies altogether. I watched out for ROMs that were deemed to be official releases, or stable betas and loaded them on through Heimdall.

It was much easier as I could just choose to load the PDA while leaving the modem, kernel etc.

Have you tried Heimdall yet? It's brilliant.

If you're on JPY then I'd recommend loading the speedmod kernel. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=822756 just flash with Heimdall http://www.glassechidna.com.au/

Yeah, just been lazy really with not flashing ROM's and taking updates via kies.

What you do too back up all your apps? Titanium?

Mybackup pro. Works well. Think titanium paid version is slightly better though.

I'm on 2.2, would I need to remove Voodoo lagfix before upgrading to 2.2.1?

Definitely! The Samsung kernel doesn't understand ext4 filesystem and won't boot.

These phones are almost unbrickable though so you'd just have to disable lagfix in recovery after and then reflash.

ive got some rather basic questions. Have recently got a HTC desire HD, i hate the keyboard on it, can i download a new one and where from. Id heard about swype but where do i get it. I gone to the market button on the menu and then typed swype into the search. it doesnt give me the option to download, just a load of other apps that i dont want.

I'm not loading up a custom rom as 2.2.1 is shit hot. Mega kudos to Samsung (and I'd assume Google) for that update. Really takes advantage of the raw power of the Hummingbird.

Though haven't been able to connect to kies since, any idea about that dirk? You loaded up 2.2.1 before you lod your phone.

How did you get the 2.2.1 update mate???

When I'm plugged into Kies it tells me my firmware is up to date - I'm on 2.2

(I'm assuming this is for Galaxy S......)

It was well documented that the desire hd had poor battery life. The Desire was bad enough.

My suggestion is to use tasker, created a widget that disables all power draining things like 3g, auto sync, lowers the brightness etc. put that on your home screen and tap it to go into power saving mode, tap it to come out.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â