Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

White Nexus 5 is winging it's way to me as we speak. Hooray!

best colour ;-)
Aye, thought the black one looked a bit... Plain if I'm honest. With the matte plastic and all.

White looked cooler, and I'm not usually a fan of white phones.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy to have the black one. Just prefer the white.

I'll cover it up with a skin anyway :)

This is probably a silly question, but I'm asking it anyway.

When I get my N5, does the Google Play Store have all my app purchases saved?

i.e. when I sign in to my new phone will I be able to re-download all my apps?

Or should I be backing my phone up separately.

First time I've gone form Android phone to Android phone. On iphone you'd back up the phone on iTunes.

Yes you will. Any paid apps you have will be available for free download but it won't save level progress etc.... it is a clean slate unless there is some magic way of doing it I don't know about.
Depending on the app, it may use the Google play services APIs where app data is also backed up into the cloud. I think only text messages need to be backed up these days, almost everything else is backed up or retrievable.

Just been reading this, and thought "This Llama looks useful", so I downloaded it. 

The I realised: home... work...home... work... 

I have no use for a "work" profille. As of next week I won't be going to work any more.  :wacko:

Rename it to "pub".

• Like 2

I use data when I'm out and about but it still appears to be able to do this.

Roaming is when you are using another network, usually because you are abroad. It tends to be very expensive to use data roaming so most people should turn it off. This is nothing to do with Android.

I use data when I'm out and about but it still appears to be able to do this.

Roaming is when you are using another network, usually because you are abroad. It tends to be very expensive to use data roaming so most people should turn it off. This is nothing to do with Android.

OK so when I have no 3g with 3 it uses another network?

Does it cost to do that here?

No just abroad, say I go to Spain with roaming activated, if I come onto Villatalk using a foreign network I'll be charged quite a bit as using data on a foreign network is outside of my data plan. If you turn roaming off, you won't be able to use data abroad, thus preventing charges.

The three network allow you to roam with all the bells and whistles in any country their network is found

Yup, have moved early from Orange because i will be in the states for a month and that is now a "Feel at Home" destination so i just use my phone as normal there

Just been reading this, and thought "This Llama looks useful", so I downloaded it. 

The I realised: home... work...home... work... 

I have no use for a "work" profille. As of next week I won't be going to work any more.  :wacko:

Rename it to "pub".

By jingo, that sounds like a plan! 

Got my N5

Google appear to be pretty damn good at despatching stuff now.

Ordered my phone on Thursday about 1pm. Got an email at 11pm saying it had been despatched and it arrived on friday morning. Pretty awesome.

Anyway I love the phone. Looks beautiful and is surprisingly small and light given the 5 inch screen.

It is absolute lightning compared to the laggy s3. So quick at everything and an absolute pleasure not to have to spend ages sorting out all that flipping bloatware.

Also, everything I was slightly worried about has proven to be not worth worrying about.

Eg battery, its easily better than my s3. Miles better in fact.

Sound, I'd heard that the speaker was really quiet. Maybe it is compared to brand new phones, but again its louder than my s3 so I'm happy.

Camera isn't as good as the s3 and takes ages to focus, but the pictures come out well enough for what I'd be using it for anyway.

Obviously haven't had it long but I love it so far. Beautiful phone

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â