Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

The Nexus 4 was released on 13th of November. I am assuming Google are trying to make that earlier and closer to the iPhone launch and further away from Christmas to boost sales. 

Given how much it's leaked recently I'd make an estimation it'll be announced in early to mid october and ship at the end of the month. 

Edited by CVByrne

Like most things, release dates are dictated by US market conditions.  Ideally you want your product on shelves before Thanksgiving, which is the fourth Thursday in November.  It's relatively late this year (Nov 28) but I'd still expect to see the Nexus 5 released in mid November in America.  We might have to wait a couple of weeks beyond that. 

It seems it's not as much based on the G2 as we'd think. Sceen isn't 5.2 inches, buttons will be on the sides. It looks like an iteration on the N4 design. It'll probably be heavier than the G2 too. Probably same innards though and hopefully the same camera. Shame about the atrocious Camera UI in stock

I've got the One X, it's pretty decent.

Only a 720p screen which you'd expect considering it's a year and a half old, and I still kind of miss having an SD card slot and removable battery, but despite its plastic body it feels very solidly built, it's a nice size and spec wise, it's good enough to handle anything that can be thrown at it, and it likely will for quite some time.

I wouldn't buy one at this point, certainly not ahead of the Nexus, but I don't intend to get rid of mine any time soon, there's still nothing out that feels like a huge upgrade from the One X.

Sent my S3 to envirofone today, hurrythehellup I want my Nexus 7 :)

Always better money selling it in ebay or on an adverts site.

I don't use ebay or paypal. I got royally screwed over something I sold and paypal took his side, even though I sent proof in. Cost me £55... 

So, along with the fee, postage and problems, Envirfone with it's instant payment was the better choice for me.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/appsblog+series/best-android-apps

Dots is good fun. You can try and beat my score if you want, you should be able to see it if we follow each other on Twitter (@Nayson by the way) and I'm quite pleased with my score in the "moves" mode. 

Edited by The_Rev

I'm weighing up whether to order the Note 3, it'll be the first phone I've bought outright instead of on contract.

Do prices tend to stay high for a while? As the Note 2 is still just shy of £400 a year after release and when the successor is announced, I assume it's a safe bet that the price won't drop significantly after the first month or two?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â