Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I see, I do like to own my music though.

So do I. Until I find more of my own music.

edit: completely misread.

You can buy any of it you want, but you can store any of the streaming stuff offline anyway so you almost do own it.

I started a radio station from a Manics song the other day and it took me right through my indie teens and brought back some amazing memories. Here's the playlist it created

Edited by darrenm

Just signed up for the free trial for Google All Access music. You get a whole month for free, which you can use on all your devices. Spotify give you 2 days free trial with their 'unlimited' service on your mobile devices.

Spotify was good, but Google is All Access is £7.99 if you sign up to the trial before tomorrow (do it!), and £9.99 thereafter. 

So far seems every bit as good as spotify. I like the UI. And the selection of music seems good, but it'll take me a while to decide on that point. 

I see, I do like to own my music though.

So do I. Until I find more of my own music.

edit: completely misread.

You can buy any of it you want, but you can store any of the streaming stuff offline anyway so you almost do own it.

I started a radio station from a Manics song the other day and it took me right through my indie teens and brought back some amazing memories. Here's the playlist it created

Will check that playlist out.

I just mean that its great now that you can store it to play offline but I just worry that when we move on from streaming music I won't have the songs like you do if you buy it.

Having said all this I'll probably sign up at £7.99 to discover music and buy what I really like.

I've signed up.

I've selected some music to play offline. Do you then have an option to listen to this offline or do you have to switch your data off?

If it's offline the app knows it doesn't have to stream it so will use the offline version even if data is on. You can switch the app to offline music only anyway.

In real world terms, I can confirm that the Snapdragon 800 chipset is blooming fast. It renders websites at Core I7 laptop speeds. It's bloody amazing. Those of you who are about to upgrade, pick a phone that has it. Nexus 5 for example

When paired with a Chromecast which is plugged into your HiFi system it takes on a high other dimension. I'm looking to get a Cheapcast setup going with some old phones, so anywhere in the house I can just push the music to any of my audio systems.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â