Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Got it.

It's lovely. Haven't had long to use it yet, and it'll be Friday before my number's changed over so will use it properly then.

Kies is pissing me off already though. God, it's awful

Got it.

It's lovely. Haven't had long to use it yet, and it'll be Friday before my number's changed over so will use it properly then.

I only used it when I absolutely had to, ie downloading updates that were only available through Kies. Otherwise I steered well clear.

Just do everything over Google. Sign up for Google Music, use all the cloud stuff and you need never go near Kies again :)

Got it.

I only used it when I absolutely had to, ie downloading updates that were only available through Kies. Otherwise I steered well clear.

Just do everything over Google. Sign up for Google Music, use all the cloud stuff and you need never go near Kies again :)

Yeah I just went on because I read it would easily transfer over my iphone 4 data.

It didn't.

In fact I've had to do a factory reset because whatever Kies did, it **** up the phone altogether! Just kept crashing every othe rminute and wouldn't let me open my messages

So not a great start :) Luckily I hadn't done much with it yet so didn't lose any data.

What's the easiest way to manage music and stuff then? Just do it through iTunes or whatever other music program I can get and transfer the files as if it were just an external sorage device?

Personally, I use Windows Media Player on my PC (tried iTunes when I went back to Windows, awful rubbish) and use that to manage my music. It works really well with syncing to Android phones, the album art and album info works very well and it's all around one of the best pieces of Microsoft software I've used.

Then I have Google Music uploader installed, so any new music or playlists on my PC get uploaded instantly to the Music cloud.

On my phone I have Amazon MP3 for impulse buys.

What other stuff do you need to manage? If you have a Picasaweb account, then photos are automatically synced between your phone gallery and Picasaweb. If you at least just sign in to Google+ on your phone, it will auto-upload any photo you take to a private area on G+/Picasaweb where you can either share or store them.

Music and videos are th eonly thing I really need to manage from my PC to my phone, if that makes sense.

Photos I will probably do minimal transferring between the two. I can just use the normal windows explorer to sort them

Will check out Google Music, thanks.

Might also give Media Player a try. I did use it before I ever had iTunes but though iTunes was a huge improvement. This was probably 8 years ago though so worth trying it out again as I won't be needing iTunes anymore

One of the lads at work has just plugged his S3 into our office TV (some 46" Sony thing) and is playing video from the air show he went to yesterday. **** me, the video quality is SPECTACULAR.

It's the sheer grunt of the processor innit? Tis a powerful beast.

Must say I hate the S2 now that I'm stuck on it until I get my micro Sim. S3 is so much better it's not even a contest

Not really anything to do with the CPU. It's just a modern CMOS. Even the Galaxy S1 produced excellent video capture. Play it back through HDMI on a decent telly and it does look amazing:

http://youtu.be/khy2dj---Rc?hd=1

Here's a random list of observations I've had about my new phone:

It's big. I actually can't reach the top of my phone with my thumb when I hold it. This is both awesome and also mildy irrtating. My iPhone looks tiny now

In a way it's sturdier than my iPhone. Sure it's made of plastic, but if I drop this, I'd be confiendt it'll survive, where as the iPhone would just smash, being glass and all. Again this has positives and negatives

My battery has been nailed today. Hopefully it was just down to the factory reset I had to do this morning and then downloading a couple of apps subsequent to that. But I've done little else with it and it's down to 40% and was fully charged at 7am

S-Voice basically just doesn't work. But I wouldn't use it anyway so no big deal.

Smart stay, as above.

The sheer amount of (at first glance) crap apps (crapps?) that it comes with is annoying

The camera is excellent

I get the impression that the sheer level of customisation and potential in this phone is mindblowing

A few replies.

There's no buttons on the top of the phone so no need to get your thumb up there.

If this phone was made of the same materials as iphone it would weigh a ton.

The batterylife is stunning. If you have battery problems bring it back.

Now, S voice I've never used it but you must must do this. Turn it off, and go into the app and settings and un check the box. This rubbish app has caused lag on some phones.

As for the bloatware apps root and remove. But for now you can hide them in the app drawer so at least you don't have to see them. Hit settings button when in app drawer and choose hide apps.

YouTube videos of galaxy s tips and apps are really helpful so go watch a load of them. Android at night is a funny lad

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â