Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

he battery life will be quite a bit better than the One X too.

Battery life on my One X with the latest Leedroid Custom ROM with the power fix is generally about 1.5 days with Wifi and Mobile Network enabled with a lot of games of Draw Something. Will be pretty impressed if it beats that.

That's a custom ROM.

Point is the screen tech of AMOLED takes less power than LCD, while the new Xynos Processors take less power than Tegra 3 processors.

It wont be worse than the One X. I just hope it has a removable battery, I love having a spare for my S2, only got a spare recently and can't imagine how I'd live without it now.

No idea why I didn't get a spare the day I got the phone, they're not expensive.

I'm amazed that the Galaxy Note has sold so well, it's surely too big no? While does the stylus actually contribute much or is it a gimmick ? I've never seen one in real life nor talked to anyone who has bought one.

My wife was looking to upgrade to the iphone 4 or 4s over the weekend but the cost of the phone and then the monthly cost was ridiculous. She mainly uses the phone on bluetooth in her car and I spotted a good deal for the Note so we popped into CPW for her to see how big it was. I was suprised that it wasnt anywhere near as big as I thought it would be. It will be no problem for her to put in her bag but it doesnt look overly big for a trouser pocket either.

If the SGS3 turns out to be a bit of a damp squib I would seriously consider one as an upgrade to the SGS2

I must say I find the Note to be totally bizarre. I just don't understand why anyone would want it.

But that's just me. If it's selling well then people must obviously like it.

I've seen plenty of people with the note, it confuses me too.

Especially when you see the amount of girls that have them, you'd expect them to be the last people who'd want a phone that big, but somehow I see loads of them with them.

The only conclusion I can make is that they've all realised how imbalanced it makes draw something and have got them just to play that.

Apparently the working title for the note at Samsung was the 'one hand' or some such. The key is, you can hold it in one hand. Great for [insert wisdom/wit]

Upgraded to ICS a couple of days ago on my S2, doesn't seem much different but it's certainly a sturdier OS.

I'd assume Touchwiz is the main reason why. When my Nexus S updated from 2.3 to 4.0 pretty much everything on the phone changed.

Sales of the Note caught analysts unaware too, Sammys record profits were well above expectations. They know what they're doing, but eventually they'll have to make a bad headline phone.

The BBC were reporting that Samsung sold 93 million phones in Q1 of 2012 making them the #1 handset vendor on the planet, overtaking Nokia. The vast majority (80%) of handsets are feature phones though, but smartphones account for the majority of sales in the richer countries like the UK & US.

Will defo be different to Nexus. Will be quad core and HD resolution on SAMOLED Plus screen, prob around 4.6 inch. We kinda know that much so far. Plus you'd imagine they'll improve camera from 8mp to 12.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â