Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

To make calls on its silly, but I generally use my work BB for that anyway. In the car it'll be bluetoothed. But as a media device its great full HD, portable but pocketable.

Was really impressed. Oh and I **** hate my BB.

I'm going to have my one.

At last it's here, the SGS3 launch is May 3rd Earls Court, London.

I'd imagine It'll prob go on sale within a week of that date it they are aping Apple launching. 8)

My 30th is 3rd of June, I think I can start giving out hints now :winkold:

You'd imagine it'll be fast to market and O2 will be happy to lock you into a new contract with such a high priced phone.

If there was ever a phone to last 24 months it'd be this years crop of phones, namely the S3 and iPhone 5. We need no bigger screens, we need no more cores to the processors etc..

Yeah hopefully.

But as I mentioned, they emailed me saying I could upgrade early form April 17th with O2 rewards, but also emailed me saying that O2 rewards was finishing on April 30th. So if I can only upgrade in that window I'll have to wait until August to upgrade properly.

Anyway, that's off topic. I assume they didn't release any hints of spec or design with this announcement?

Nope, no specs, total tight lipped. But you can be sure it'll be the equal and exceed every spec on the One X. So Big HD SAMOLED screen and 1.5ghz quad core processor.

Sammy have also been focusing on how good their new processors are in reduced power consumption, combined with the reduced power requirements of AMOLED screen tech from that of LCD you'd imagine the battery life will be quite a bit better than the One X too.

Spoke too soon. Got the update downloaded, set it to install, install failed, directed me to Kies.

Sigh. Gonna clear out some memory space just in case that had an effect (needed doing, way too many old podcasts sat around taking up space), and try again.

I bet it don't work.

Given my glowing experience of Kies, I'm not holding out much hope that downloading it that way will work either.

The worst thing is, it doesn't give you the slightest indication of why it failed. Just that it failed, use Kies.

:|

he battery life will be quite a bit better than the One X too.

Battery life on my One X with the latest Leedroid Custom ROM with the power fix is generally about 1.5 days with Wifi and Mobile Network enabled with a lot of games of Draw Something. Will be pretty impressed if it beats that.

Third time certainly lucky, looks like it's failure to download was not liking the battery level (which only dropped below 50% during the second install attempt OTA... tsk).

It's a lot slicker looking, and a slicker experience too. I'm missing Swype a little though, seems to vanished.

It has a feeling of a lot more... unified, solid platform, even under whatever Samsung and Orange have cobbled over the top of it.

Wheres that running around waving your arms wildly smiley?

c9GiB.gif

Hosted off site. I think Limpid needs to make this guy an official VT smiley though.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â